Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alfonzo Dennard Arrested

I compare his skills to a bigger stronger Kelvin Hayden.

Before the arrest I would've easily taken him with a mid-2nd, but now he is dropping like a rock. Currently I'd take him in the 4th, or 5th with no reservations.

Regardless, if Pagano feels he can alter the behaviors of some of these so-called problem players, then I will not criticize his decisions until a later date, if need be.

(JJenkins/Burfict/Dennard)

Id take Jenkins, why?

well he was slated as the second best corner in the draft behind Claiborne

Denard and Jenkins have both been arrested now over stupid reasons

Jenkins hasnt been arrested in a few months now

Denard got arrested over the weekend, Are ya kidding me?!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/21/draft-prospect-alfonzo-dennard-arrested-for-assaulting-a-police-officer/

Now way he falls to 3rd. Teams are just putting that round 3 grade on him so they can watch him fall to the back end of the 2nd. He is a plug and play player that will start for a team day 1.

thats why we * him up with a huge need and take Ladarius Green in the 4th, we ruin the Texans plans while potentially improving two huge holes we have with good to great talent

This is an Alfonzo Dennard thread.

I know, my question is why go for a guy that wasnt slated as a first rounder to begin with (Denard) before the arrest when ya got Jenkins whos a top two Corner who will likely drop to the 2nd round for his arrest

well its that or draft some project players and how many project players that are Corners do we have now? our number 1 Corner as it stands now is a project player

I would rather have a project player on the field than a supposed talented player on suspension.

I am torn these days between being mad at these knuckleheaded players who get into altercations with the police and being mad at the police who believe they are above the law themselves. Actually, I'm kind of sick of both. A highway patrolmen cut across 2 lanes to turn into a parking lot and ran into my wife's car. Guess who's fault it turned out to be?

I am torn these days between being mad at these knuckleheaded players who get into altercations with the police and being mad at the police who believe they are above the law themselves. Actually, I'm kind of sick of both. A highway patrolmen cut across 2 lanes to turn into a parking lot and ran into my wife's car. Guess who's fault it turned out to be?

sounds like the officers fault but Im guessing your wife got the blame

I don't think he truly intended to slug a cop. In the middle of a fight he was probably going to swing at anybody who tried to grab him. Unfortuantely for him it was law enforcement. Still very stupid of him to put himself in such a ridiculous situation to begin with so close to the draft. You simply have to handle yourself better than that with so much on the line.

Id take Jenkins, why?

well he was slated as the second best corner in the draft behind Claiborne

Denard and Jenkins have both been arrested now over stupid reasons

Jenkins hasnt been arrested in a few months now

Denard got arrested over the weekend, Are ya kidding me?!

http://profootballta...police-officer/

So because Jenkins hasn't been arrested in a few months, we're supposed to be impressed and draft him? lol. No standards. Marijuana and assault are not stupid reasons for being arrested. Supporting a player for their ability is one thing, backing them up over their criminal charges is another. Not many Vick fans will stare you in the face and say that his dog fighting charges were a "stupid' thing to get arrested for.

So because Jenkins hasn't been arrested in a few months, we're supposed to be impressed and draft him? lol. No standards. Marijuana and assault are not stupid reasons for being arrested. Supporting a player for their ability is one thing, backing them up over their criminal charges is another. Not many Vick fans will stare you in the face and say that his dog fighting charges were a "stupid' thing to get arrested for.

not what I meant, I meant they both made their mistakes in other words stupid decisions

This is great news for Indy. If he is there at the top of the third taking him is a NO BRAIN ER. High second round talent at the top of the third.. sounds good to me.

He won't last past the 3rd, Too Good.

or ya can get a J Jenkins if he falls to the 2nd he is top 2 Corner talent if were drafting guys with a bit of a criminal history then ya go for the guy thats proven to be better, got to admit Dennard doing that was absolutely bone headed right before the draft, he was also ejected for the Capital One Bowl for fighting Alshon Jeffery, I think the moral of the story is these are young kids some of which lived in the bad parts of town where trouble is everywhere, temptation is everywhere for these kids they were both wrong for what they did but they are kids they have growing up to do, heck some grown adults do

Sounds like a Raiders pick

Not to jump the gun through false character assassination CM51, but I had the exact same thought you did. Considering that the silver & black is prone to leading the league in memory lapses & dumb penalties at the worst possible times, Alfonzo Dennard would be a perfect Bay area fit.