Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFLN's Top 10 Football "Divas"

CR91

OK, I tuned in to watch the end of the show. For anyone who didn't see it, this was the list:

1. Brett Favre

2. Terrell Owens

3. Chad Ochocinco

4. Deion Sanders

5. Jim McMahon

6. Joe Namath

7. Hollywood Henderson

8. Joe Theismann

9. Randy Moss

10. Tom Brady

I understand why everyone was chosen except for Hollywood Henderson (I have no idea who he is) and Tom Brady. I have never thought of Brady as a diva . . . well, at least not enough to make a top ten all time list. What were the reasons they gave for picking him?

OK, I tuned in to watch the end of the show. For anyone who didn't see it, this was the list:

1. Brett Favre

2. Terrell Owens

3. Chad Ochocinco

4. Deion Sanders

5. Jim McMahon

6. Joe Namath

7. Hollywood Henderson

8. Joe Theismann

9. Randy Moss

10. Tom Brady

I understand why everyone was chosen except for Hollywood Henderson (I have no idea who he is) and Tom Brady. I have never thought of Brady as a diva . . . well, at least not enough to make a top ten all time list. What were the reasons they gave for picking him?

sorry didnt caught the tom brady one since i was preparing food for myself while it was on.

1. Brett Favre

2. Terrell Owens

3. Chad Ochocinco

4. Deion Sanders

5. Jim McMahon

6. Joe Namath

7. Hollywood Henderson

8. Joe Theismann

9. Randy Moss

10. Tom Brady

How about a top ten list of reasons why the NFL Network should cease with the stupid top ten lists? They just keep getting dumber.

How about a top ten list of reasons why the NFL Network should cease with the stupid top ten lists? They just keep getting dumber.

you dont find shocking that nfln just called tom brady a diva after all the love they show him 24/7

I've always thought Brady was a little bit of a whiner and complainer (he tends to look to the refs for flags a lot from what I see), but to call him one of the top 10 divas of all time is a huge stretch. NFL Network, your programming is becoming worse and worse

I can't figure out why he'd be on the list except like you say asking for flags...but if you used that criteria Manning would win it hands down...or rather hands up where's the flag look:) So that criteria is out. Celebrating in the endzone is the only other but that doesn't fall under it.

Some of the other would be considered more "hot dogs" than Diva's.

Joe Theismann I don't get at all...Hollywood I remember being more flamboyant than any diva.

Ownes definitely... Farve I suppose with the drama..but not on the field.

I can't figure out why he'd be on the list except like you say asking for flags...but if you used that criteria Manning would win it hands down...or rather hands up where's the flag look:) So that criteria is out. Celebrating in the endzone is the only other but that doesn't fall under it.

Some of the other would be considered more "hot dogs" than Diva's.

Joe Theismann I don't get at all...Hollywood I remember being more flamboyant than any diva.

Ownes definitely... Farve I suppose with the drama..but not on the field.

My only thought about Joe Theismann is that he may have been considered a diva because he changed the pronunciation of his name to rhyme with Heisman.

The show will be rebroadcast in a few minutes, if anyone cares enough to give it a watch.

OK, I watched it and took notes. Basically, Tom Brady is a diva because of his hair, his pretty boy image, his fashion style, Giselle, and bad dancing with a scrunchie in his hair.

Geesh, can these shows get any dumber? Let's talk about football guys. If I wanted to listen to that drivel, I would have watched the E channel.

i mean it's not like he's whined to refs for a flag and got them to throw it afterwards...oh wait yeah he did where manning and most others failed in that (sorry had to get that in there). however i think they are defining diva in a manner that people who always strive for the spotlight and thrive in it to draw the millions in. T.O., Joe, Ochocinco, Favrewatch every summer, and tom brady with his celebrity status certainly fit that mold to me.

OK, I watched it and took notes. Basically, Tom Brady is a diva because of his hair, his pretty boy image, his fashion style, Giselle, and bad dancing with a scrunchie in his hair.

Geesh, can these shows get any dumber? Let's talk about football guys. If I wanted to listen to that drivel, I would have watched the E channel.

ahh I see...I started to think maybe it's the way he looked but nah they wouldn't rate someone for that. Guess they did:)

If you look hard enough, you'll always be able to find examples of a player's on-field demeanour that cast them in a negative light. Having said that, and mindful of the fact that Manning's on-field mannerisms themselves leave something to be desired at times in terms of body language, I think the single worst example I can think of in recent memory that had me genuinely disgusted was a Ravens game against the Patriots last year ..on one particular play late in the 4th quarter, Brady got knocked down (Suggs?) after letting off a pass and I think he was expecting a flag, but when he didn't get it, he stayed sitting on the grass and pounding his fists and screaming like a child throwing a tantrum.

Yes I know, Manning probably could fill an entire YouTube clip of such 'highlights' but that was just the one image that endured for me. Having said that, this is the most stupid list I've ever seen ...Brady is not a diva - I think someone at NFLN somehow thought it might be "funny" (somehow) to put Brady on the list purely for his hair.

All true, and makes sense.

The only difference, far as I can tell, is that Brady doesn't seem to do all that stuff in a desperate plea for attention. He's one of the most recognizable professional athletes on the planet and is married to the most successful supermodel ever. So he's not seeking the attention that he always gets... it's just a byproduct of our collective need to follow celebrities around I guess!

The only difference, far as I can tell, is that Brady doesn't seem to do all that stuff in a desperate plea for attention. He's one of the most recognizable professional athletes on the planet and is married to the most successful supermodel ever. So he's not seeking the attention that he always gets... it's just a byproduct of our collective need to follow celebrities around I guess!

Totally agree with you. Brady doesn't bask in the spotlight. No need to. His game play says enough.

Agreed. Brady doesn't belong on that list. He conducts himself with professionalism on, and off, the field.

Three New England Patriots.

What a classless organization

Really? Why are they classless? Just because they're our nemesis doesn't mean they're classless. If it wasn't for Kraft we might all be talking about college football because the CBA would still be going on. No lack of class there IMO. We the fans owe him our gratitude!

Really? Why are they classless? Just because they're our nemesis doesn't mean they're classless. If it wasn't for Kraft we might all be talking about college football because the CBA would still be going on. No lack of class there IMO. We the fans owe him our gratitude!

I think he was just messin'