Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Peyton Manning W/l Predictions

wercolts

You beat what, 3 or 4 teams with winning records, and won five games by a TD or less. Try not to get ahead of yourself.

I've already talked about this. With Schaub we scored double the points of our opponents. And also, in 2010 the Colts went 2-3 against teams with a winning record. Got anything else?

*Texans went 4-3 in 2011.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton as a Dolphin

Away schedule - NE, Buf, NYJ, SF, Hou, Cinn, Ind, Ari

Home - NE, Buf, NYJ, Jax, Tenn, Stl, Sea, Oak

8-8 would be a push

Peyton as a Redskin

Away schedule - Dal, Phi, NYG, Pitt, NO, Cle, TB, Stl

Home - Dal, Phi, NYG, Atl, Bal, Cinn, Car, Minn

4-12

Peyton as a Titan

Away schedule - Ind, Hou, Jax, SD, GB, Buf, Mia, Min

Home - Ind, Hou, Jax, NE, Pitt, Det, NYJ, Chi

5-11

Peyton as a Seahawk

Away schedule - Ari, SF, Stl, Det, Chi, Car, Mia, Buf

Home - Ari, SF, Stl, NE, GB, NYJ, Dal, Min

5-12

Peyton as a Jet

Away schedule - NE, Mia, Buf, Pitt, Ten, Sea, Stl, Jax

Home - NE, Mia, Buf, SF, Hou, Ari, Oak, Ind

7-9

Peyton as a Brown

Away schedule - Pitt, Bal, Cinn, NYG, Dal, Den, Oak, Ind

Home - Pitt, Bal, Cinn, Phi, SD, KC, Buf, Was

5-12

Peyton as a Colt

Away schedule - Tenn, Hou, Jax, NE, NYJ, Det, Chi, Den

Home - Tenn, Hou, Jax, Buf, Mia, Min, Gb, Cle

10-6 at worst

IMO. Add another team that is a legit landing spot for Peyton if you want.

You do know the colts were 2-14 without Manning right?

Jets --- 12-4 WITH Manning (Their QB is awful, and their only real weakness.) ASSUMING he is 80%.

I do believe the GM built the team (sarcasm). More often than not they drafted offense in the first round and gave him what he needed to be successful. You can debate that Manning built the offense but that is not the case. Tom Moore put the scheme together and Manning executed it extremely well. The Polians built the team, around Manning just like I stated in my original post.

The only talented person they drafted was wayne in the first round. I dont think they surrounded peyton with unbelieveable talent in the first rounds.

If you want to say you're wrong and im right you're entitled to. I like to use the discussion forum to you know... discuss. Discuss with people who agree and people who disagree.

Well how about Edge in 99, Clark in 03, Addai in 06...but yeah Wayne was the only good first rounder they got for Manning...you know the architect of the offense. SMH

Well how about Edge in 99, Clark in 03, Addai in 06...but yeah Wayne was the only good first rounder they got for Manning...you know the architect of the offense. SMH

When we're talking about recent years, Edge is irrelavent. It hasn't mattered who the running back is of late, they all average about 3.5 yards a carry. Hey you can even put Brown on the list.....and Gonzo. Both those guys were first round 'skill' position players. They didn't contribute any more than late round guys like Collie, Garcon, and Blair White. Clark has been good, but it's like Dungy said, 'a shopping cart playing at TE in a Peyton Manning offense could get 800+ yards.'

You make it sound like he's had Larry Fitzgerald out left, Calvin Johnson out right, and Andre Johnson in the slot for the last 10 years. That's just not how it's been. He has carried a 2-14 quality team for 5 years or so. In past years not even the most Peyton-loving of Colts fans have underestimated his value to our team. We all figured on maybe a 5 win team without him.....we were proven wrong this year.

When we're talking about recent years, Edge is irrelavent. It hasn't mattered who the running back is of late, they all average about 3.5 yards a carry. Hey you can even put Brown on the list.....and Gonzo. Both those guys were first round 'skill' position players. They didn't contribute any more than late round guys like Collie, Garcon, and Blair White. Clark has been good, but it's like Dungy said, 'a shopping cart playing at TE in a Peyton Manning offense could get 800+ yards.'

You make it sound like he's had Larry Fitzgerald out left, Calvin Johnson out right, and Andre Johnson in the slot for the last 10 years. That's just not how it's been. He has carried a 2-14 quality team for 5 years or so. In past years not even the most Peyton-loving of Colts fans have underestimated his value to our team. We all figured on maybe a 5 win team without him.....we were proven wrong this year.

I completely agree. Edge gave some great years, but addai has been average at best. Clark has been a good te but doesnt have elite te talent like gronk, gates, gonzalez etc. And every team has an elite wr or elite running back for the most part.

I've already talked about this. With Schaub we scored double the points of our opponents. And also, in 2010 the Colts went 2-3 against teams with a winning record. Got anything else?

That's a better record vs. winning teams than the Patriots had. Have to take shots like that every chance we get.

Since Schaub is fragile and his contract could be dumped fairly easily along with the Manning to the Texans rumors that have been mentioned here and there, maybe they should be on the list. A Tennessee backfield paired with Hurricane wideouts would be deadly.

That's a better record vs. winning teams than the Patriots had. Have to take shots like that every chance we get.

Since Schaub is fragile and his contract could be dumped fairly easily along with the Manning to the Texans rumors that have been mentioned here and there, maybe they should be on the list. A Tennessee backfield paired with Hurricane wideouts would be deadly.

The reason I put up that stat is because the guy who quoted me made it seem like our "3 or 4" wins against winning teams last year didn't mean anything. By that token, the 2 winning teams the Colts beat in 2010 didn't mean anything either.

I think someone predicted a Manning-led Texans would go 13-3. But I try not to deal in hypotheticals too much.

I didn't realize that supremecoltsfan300 only wanted to talk about recent years seeing as how he never said that. I'm glad that you're clairvoyant enough to be able to understand what I missed. The convo started about him saying that Manning built the offense, to which I disagree that the GM gave him the players around him, and Tom Moore gave him the system, and Manning did his best with everything that was given him. And then he goes on to say that Wayne was the only good first rounder that they gave Manning to which I disagreed and gave him the examples I did. I didn't include Brown and Gonzalez as they didn't deserve to be in this group with the others.

I forgot that I'm in discussion with people who think the sun rises and sets around Manning and that he can be the only logical answer to any question or problem. I will humbly remove myself from this conversation with both of you and you can continue to light the candles around your shrine.

The reason I put up that stat is because the guy who quoted me made it seem like our "3 or 4" wins against winning teams last year didn't mean anything. By that token, the 2 winning teams the Colts beat in 2010 didn't mean anything either.

I think someone predicted a Manning-led Texans would go 13-3. But I try not to deal in hypotheticals too much.

This thread is full of hypothetical possibilities.

I think that Texans team would be the best in the AFC, but I would say the same thing if he ended up in KC, and quite possibly Miami or New York.

Then this thread is not for you as it is 100% hypothetical. You keep believing the Texans have gotten over the hump and I'll always believe the Colts are better. One wining season may just be a fluke, two could be a coincidental......oh wait, do the Texans have any back to back seasons where they won more games than they lost?

Then this thread is not for you as it is 100% hypothetical. You keep believing the Texans have gotten over the hump and I'll always believe the Colts are better. One wining season may just be a fluke, two could be a coincidental......oh wait, do the Texans have any back to back seasons where they won more games than they lost?

The hypothetical was what Manning's record would be with the Texans.

I've already discussed my opinion on if he was back with the Colts next year, so there you go...

I'd rather base my predictions on variable change and statistical probability, rather than the sort of blind optimism and dogged inflexibility you have to that change.

It's sad to see that despite the obviousness that some facts provide, people can't admit their team isn't as good as others. That's just obnoxious.

The hypothetical was what Manning's record would be with the Texans.

I've already discussed my opinion on if he was back with the Colts next year, so there you go...

I'd rather base my predictions on variable change and statistical probability, rather than the sort of blind optimism and dogged inflexibility you have to that change.

It's sad to see that despite the obviousness that some facts provide, people can't admit their team isn't as good as others. That's just obnoxious.

Hey man, I feel you guys have a legit team. With a healthy Schaub, Johnson, and possible return of Super Mario, I don't see any way you would be less than a 12 win team. Number 1 running game, number 2 defense, if I'm not mistaken. Add in a little Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels. Take another WR early that can take pressure off Johnson. You're a serious contender.....and I hate having to say that as a Colts fan.

I didn't realize that supremecoltsfan300 only wanted to talk about recent years seeing as how he never said that. I'm glad that you're clairvoyant enough to be able to understand what I missed. The convo started about him saying that Manning built the offense, to which I disagree that the GM gave him the players around him, and Tom Moore gave him the system, and Manning did his best with everything that was given him. And then he goes on to say that Wayne was the only good first rounder that they gave Manning to which I disagreed and gave him the examples I did. I didn't include Brown and Gonzalez as they didn't deserve to be in this group with the others.

I forgot that I'm in discussion with people who think the sun rises and sets around Manning and that he can be the only logical answer to any question or problem. I will humbly remove myself from this conversation with both of you and you can continue to light the candles around your shrine.

In all his time here, he has yet to have a completely solid team. Two years ago he took basically the same roster as this year, and started out 14-0. This year without him, we start out 0-13. I think that is all the argument that I need. The GM has put pieces around him for sure, but those pieces were made to look a lot better because of the guy who was throwing the football. Whoopty freakin' doo, he had some first round draft picks on offense. Apparently the Colts are the only team that drafts offensive players early.

Also it's nice that you concede defeat so easily, that's twice now in this thread.

Hey man, I feel you guys have a legit team. With a healthy Schaub, Johnson, and possible return of Super Mario, I don't see any way you would be less than a 12 win team. Number 1 running game, number 2 defense, if I'm not mistaken. Add in a little Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels. Take another WR early that can take pressure off Johnson. You're a serious contender.....and I hate having to say that as a Colts fan.

Well, I feel that way too. If we can stay healthy.

And let the record show that this all started because I had the gall to suggest that Manning and the Colts could have a winning record next year.

Be realistic, comon now. Texans are just not as good as people think they are. Andrew Luck is the #1 most hyped up thing, the #2 spot goes to Texans.

The only talented person they drafted was wayne in the first round. I dont think they surrounded peyton with unbelieveable talent in the first rounds.

just a point of fact, prior to the drafting of wayne, clark, mathis, freeney, sanders, some role players and the hiring of Coach Dungy, the collts were a 0.500 team with manning first five years, after the said support came the team when on its historic double digit wins seasons . . . just a point of fact . . .

Until the Texans have consecutive winning years I'll respect them as contenders. They have had just too much hype surrounding them in the past five years you think they would've just had at least one season without flopping in the end. Last season does nothing to dispute that.

Peyton as a Dolphin

Away schedule - NE, Buf, NYJ, SF, Hou, Cinn, Ind, Ari

Home - NE, Buf, NYJ, Jax, Tenn, Stl, Sea, Oak

8-8 would be a push

Peyton as a Redskin

Away schedule - Dal, Phi, NYG, Pitt, NO, Cle, TB, Stl

Home - Dal, Phi, NYG, Atl, Bal, Cinn, Car, Minn

4-12

Peyton as a Titan

Away schedule - Ind, Hou, Jax, SD, GB, Buf, Mia, Min

Home - Ind, Hou, Jax, NE, Pitt, Det, NYJ, Chi

5-11

Peyton as a Seahawk

Away schedule - Ari, SF, Stl, Det, Chi, Car, Mia, Buf

Home - Ari, SF, Stl, NE, GB, NYJ, Dal, Min

5-12

Peyton as a Jet

Away schedule - NE, Mia, Buf, Pitt, Ten, Sea, Stl, Jax

Home - NE, Mia, Buf, SF, Hou, Ari, Oak, Ind

7-9

Peyton as a Brown

Away schedule - Pitt, Bal, Cinn, NYG, Dal, Den, Oak, Ind

Home - Pitt, Bal, Cinn, Phi, SD, KC, Buf, Was

5-12

Peyton as a Colt

Away schedule - Tenn, Hou, Jax, NE, NYJ, Det, Chi, Den

Home - Tenn, Hou, Jax, Buf, Mia, Min, Gb, Cle

10-6 at worst

IMO. Add another team that is a legit landing spot for Peyton if you want.

i like what u did OP . . . I have always said that a HOF QB only adds a few wins per team . . . Mia did well in the 2nd half of the year and perhaps could be north of 500 with manning but not sure if you could stretch it to 10-6 . . . with the jets one would think that PM would be able to improve on the 8-8 record, but the team is getting weaker and imploded the end of last season so that shoudl take away from the wins to a degree . . .

with the other teams, i think PM could garner a few more wins then u mentioned . . . it will be interesting to see if PM is on another team how he and his new mates fare and how his replacement dpes in Indy . . .

Until the Texans have consecutive winning years I'll respect them as contenders. They have had just too much hype surrounding them in the past five years you think they would've just had at least one season without flopping in the end. Last season does nothing to dispute that.

They might respect the Colts again, when they show the ability to withstand one injury that doesn't turn their season into a laughing stock.

just a point of fact, prior to the drafting of wayne, clark, mathis, freeney, sanders, some role players and the hiring of Coach Dungy, the collts were a 0.500 team with manning first five years, after the said support came the team when on its historic double digit wins seasons . . . just a point of fact . . .

You cant really hold peyton's rookie record against him. if you remove that his record his 29-19. And im not saying those guys didnt help of course they did but let's not act like peyton has been surrounded by a ton of talent his whole career.

You cant really hold peyton's rookie record against him. if you remove that his record his 29-19. And im not saying those guys didnt help of course they did but let's not act like peyton has been surrounded by a ton of talent his whole career.

His numbers are actually wrong. In his first five years we went 42-38. Minus rookie season he went 39-25.

No one has ever said we were contenders without Manning. Texans have been "picked" to win the AFC south for years now.

I'm saying, the team isn't good. It's not a good team when one guy goes down, and THAT happens. Our team hasn't been a complete team until this season.

Be realistic, comon now. Texans are just not as good as people think they are. Andrew Luck is the #1 most hyped up thing, the #2 spot goes to Texans.

Texans will be really good, however I hate to say it but I think the Patriots will be the team to beat in the AFC again next year by far. They have 2x first and 2x second round picks. They will be fueled to start the season after another tough loss to the giants in the Super Bowl. I also assume they will delve into FA and pick up some quality player(s).

In terms of the Manning, if he and Wayne ended up going to Arizona teaming up w Fitz & Wells & also maybe drafting DeCastro or another talented offensive player, that would be one potentially epic offense.

In all his time here, he has yet to have a completely solid team. Two years ago he took basically the same roster as this year, and started out 14-0. This year without him, we start out 0-13. I think that is all the argument that I need. The GM has put pieces around him for sure, but those pieces were made to look a lot better because of the guy who was throwing the football. Whoopty freakin' doo, he had some first round draft picks on offense. Apparently the Colts are the only team that drafts offensive players early.

Also it's nice that you concede defeat so easily, that's twice now in this thread.

Admitted defeat? Good lord, is posting a battle? I agree with the guy that talking like Wayne is the only legitimate guy taken on offense in the first round is silly. PM may throw some sweet balls, but I have seen Clark get open and catch balls with his fingertips that were unbelievable catches. Also, imagine Joe Addai with either holes to run through or not having to stay in and block all the time? Anyway, this is opinion central and statements that sound definitive, raise other opinions. All anyone has to do is preface their statements with "I believe", or "it is my opinion", and it becomes just that....an opinion.

Also, how many teams in the history of the NFL have had a completely solid team? I would argue that not every team that has won a SB was a completely solid team. In ten years, that means roughly 25 (I am being generous) out of 320 total teams in the NFL. Not generally very good odds.

Fact is they haven't played a single game this season so who is better is an opinion, stats or not. It's like preseason strength of schedule reporting, it's never the same at the end of the season. And obnoxious is opposing fans on forums touting their teams unfounded greatness and knocking that forum's team.

Fact is they haven't played a single game this season so who is better is an opinion, stats or not. It's like preseason strength of schedule reporting, it's never the same at the end of the season. And obnoxious is opposing fans on forums touting their teams unfounded greatness and knocking that forum's team.

Go back and re-read the thread, and see who started knocking who. If you think I'm gonna sit here and let people talk bad about my team, you're dead wrong. I don't care what forum I'm on. I'm not out to start arguments, I only respond to the people who respond to me.

And I was obviously talking about the 2011 teams...and since the rosters are the same at this moment, well, the Texans are better than the Colts. And so are a lot of other teams. The Ravens are better than the Texans. So are the Giants. You can't refute these things

I'm saying, the team isn't good. It's not a good team when one guy goes down, and THAT happens. Our team hasn't been a complete team until this season.

So you're aloud to use the excuse of not being a complete team, but when we aren't a complete team that makes us bad? Don't forget youse lost to a team that "isn't good." It must have felt good to finally win in Indianapolis. Oh wait.

So you're aloud to use the excuse of not being a complete team, but when we aren't a complete team that makes us bad? Don't forget youse lost to a team that "isn't good." It must have felt good to finally win in Indianapolis. Oh wait.

Huh? It's not hard to comprehend what I'm saying. I like your little jab though. It's all you've got. It must have felt good to get 3 wins last year. Oh wait.

Texans couldn't get anywhere because they weren't a complete team. Last year, they finally were.

Hall of Fame QBs can make a group a lot better than it really is.

If you think a healthy Manning on this Colts team is winning 12 games, please give me what you are smoking.

10 at best, this is not a good team. As much as people try and say its the same team as the 14-2 SB year, its not. They are older, more injured, and just not as good its much closer to the 10-6 team from the year after the SB team.

Huh? It's not hard to comprehend what I'm saying. I like your little jab though. It's all you've got. It must have felt good to get 3 wins last year. Oh wait.

Texans couldn't get anywhere because they weren't a complete team. Last year, they finally were.

Hall of Fame QBs can make a group a lot better than it really is.

And last year was the one year the Colts weren't a complete team so they went nowhere. I fail to see why the "non-complete team" excuse is okay for you to defend the Texans, but when I use it to defend the Colts it is futile. At the end of the day we still beat you 17 times out of 20.

And last year was the one year the Colts weren't a complete team so they went nowhere. I fail to see why the "non-complete team" excuse is okay for you to defend the Texans, but when I use it to defend the Colts it is futile. At the end of the day we still beat you 17 times out of 20.

You're all twisted up lil' buddy. That's the reason why the Colts weren't good. I agree with you.

And as for that last comment...lmao:D