Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Lowe Says Peyton Is Retiring Today....

Peyton and Eli fan

I know - it's Rob Lowe, but thought I'd share...

RobLowe Rob Lowe

Hearing my fave, #18 Peyton Manning will not return to #NFL. Wow. #Colts

RobLowe Rob Lowe

@richeisen My people are saying Manning will retire today. What do you hear? #NFL

RobLowe Rob Lowe

#Colts fans, let's hope my info is wrong. Don't like being wrong, but this time... I'm hoping #NFL #Manning

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

Not buying it.

Unless he had a doctor visit that didnt go well recently I cant understand why he'd do it.

Its hard to think Manning would retire considering how much he loves the game and think back to the emotion during the Texans game that he showed on the sidelines.

Sounds ridiculous on the surface, but considering that I was upset after yesterdays press conference because of a whole bunch of hints that Peyton isn't in their plans going forward, it makes a little bit of sense. It would explain WHY Peyton isn't in their plans, why they avoided talking about him at all, and why there is so much emphasis on 1998 and rebuilding. Better this than them shoving him unceremoniously out the door.

But it's Rob Lowe.................... I mean what the ______________________.

Being a PM fan is much more to me than following his football. His impact on the city and state but more importantly his football knowledge. His ability to breakdown defenses and find every weak spot would be invaluable to the team. Honestly, selfish as it may sound, If peyton should not be on the field for the colts next season, my pipe dream would be that he retire with his health and retain some coaching position with the colts. I'm sure irsay would welcome this, peyton would be where he started and would fans would love the idea of him staying in the house that HE built. OK God. are you listening? LOL

Lets all calm down here. Didn't we learn lesson with the Caldwell situation that we should not believe what we read online? I will wait until I hear it from Irsay and Manning. If its true then thank you for the Memories and lets cheer on the future of the Colts. But lets all calm down here don't panic just yet.

So our lasting memories of PM will be walking off the field after the playoff loss to the Jets, watching him lost on the sidelines of a 2-14 season, and Rob Lowe telling us the GOAT is done? Seriously? This can not be how this story ends. This isn't real because it can't be the way the story ends. Rob Lowe? If true it may take a little longer to shake those images than to regain the thoughts of all the wins, records, and Superbowl....... Rob Lowe. Rob Lowe? Rob bleeping Lowe.

Tom Condon was reached by LaConfora, and says first he's heard of it:

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

Archie says no too, according to Mort:

https://twitter.com/#!/mortreport

Why didn't Irsay fire Caldwell 2 weeks ago? He knew dang good and well he was firing him.

Maybe he didn't have the latest update on Manning's health. Maybe Manning's nerve regeneration is not coming along the way it should and Irsay knows that Manning will not be ready on March 7th and has decided that it is in the franchise's best long term interest to let him walk.

Without Manning, Caldwell becomes very expendable. I think it is interesting that (to my knowledge) Manning has not been asked to comment or Caldwell's firing, or has refused to.

Good post DwightFreeneyRules. And as far as jumping off the Colts bandwagon...not happening here. I was a Colts fan long before Peyton came and I'll be a Colts fan long after Peyton leaves, whether it's today or a few years down the road.

I would seriously hope that people wouldn't jump ship. The proper response would be to celebrate what that man has done for our team, our city and our citizens and continue to sport the shoe.