Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evan Silva ranks Colt's offensive line as 17th best heading into 2013.

Dustin

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43265/179/2013-offensive-line-rankings?pg=2

Overview: Line play was Indianapolis' single biggest 2012 weakness, so second-year GM Ryan Grigson attacked the front five in both free agency and the draft. Grigson shelled out a combined $49 million in max contracts to Thomas and Cherilus, who graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 17 guard and No. 8 tackle, respectively. He then made 320-pound Thornton the 86th pick in the draft. Castonzo and Satele were already passable, if replacement-level starters, but this offensive line has experienced a major injection of talent. Ineffective and ousted incumbents G/T Joe Reitz(17 career starts), McGlynn (34 starts), and T/G Jeff Linkenbach (28 starts) now give the group an appearance of experienced, versatile depth. Easily a bottom-ten O-Line last season, the Colts suddenly look average at worst with a chance to creep into the top 15.

Ryan Grigson's in the zone. Based on his rampant off-season activity, we can surmise he called each of our o-lineman personally, invited them to his home, fed them sumo wrestler meals, and did 1-on-1 training. The training was intense; tons of late hour film, chest bumps, man sweat, no tears... Grigson would strap them in chairs and have them watch film of his days with Detroit. When they'd question Grigson's methods, he'd slap them, saying, "I'm a man, I'm 40+!"

If Ryan saw this topic, he'd take that 7 after the 1 and devour that sucker.

Im expecting Holmes and Thornton to start at C and RG and if they do we will have one of the biggest and most athletic o-lines in the league.

LT  Anthony Castonzo 6'7 315lbs

LG  Donald Thomas 6'4 305lbs

C Khalad Holmes 6'3 305lbs

RG Hugh Thornton 6'4 320lbs

RT Gosder Cherilus 6'7 320lbs

If everyone can stay healthy we could be ranked as high as 10.

All I need is for them to give Andrew 3-4 seconds to throw. With all this speed at WR, that's all it'll really take. And then of course you have Reggie who isn't the fastest man on the team but always seems to get open. I think he runs some of the best if not the bestt routes in the NFL

Im expecting Holmes and Thornton to start at C and RG and if they do we will have one of the biggest and most athletic o-lines in the league.

I'll be surprised if two rookies start the first game, but won't be surprised if they end the season starting. If Satele can stay healthy he should be able to keep the starting job. Big if.

I'm holding out hope that Ijalana makes the team. His potential is greater than any G we have on the roster. Or maybe I should say 'was'.

Is it me, or does Donald Thomas look bigger than 305?

Castanzo has to take the next step forward. But to his credit, he has had quite the revolving door on offensive playbooks too.

First, Peyton's Tom Moore offense, next Bruce Arians' offense, next Pep Hamilton's offense. I do think it will only help him in the long run if Pep Hamilton's offense continues as a stable force for a few years at least.

I expect our O-line to be good at best, but not great in year 1 of Pep's offense. Next year is the year that a lot of things will come together real well, IMO, for offense and defense, OL and DL. I still think we win the division by the skin of our teeth this year and could possibly contend for No.1 or No.2 in the AFC next year.