Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Current Colts Roster List with Salaries.

Fx Stryker

EDIT: All charts have been updated on 9/25/2013 at 5:21 pm. They should now reflect current roster, practice squad, injury reserve, and dead cap.

EDIT: See post #46 for a list showing what the dead cap hit would be to release any player we have under contract in 2013.

Here is our current roster with their 2013 salary cap hit. I grouped everyone by their position then put them in order of their cap hit for the upcoming season.

Current Roster

z5nw.png

Practice Squad

mtrm.png 

Injury Reserve

r9uk.png 

Dead Cap

g7hi.png

Discuss our free agents/each position/our needs/possible draftees/etc. Post whatever you want. It's all relevant.

Hope I made this as convenient as possible. :thmup:

*Disclaimer: There may be some mix-ups or mistakes. If you spot one please feel free to PM.

Edited by Superman
FX asked me to change it!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Useful information there FX. Thanks for putting it all in 1 spot to mull over, analyze, & debate. I can't do that unfortunately, because I suck at numbers, math, & cap space issues. I'm a public relations/locker room chemistry guy not a CFO. I leave detailed comprehension of this stuff to FJC & the experts. Translation: Anybody else but me.  haha Nice job though FX!  :thmup:

I have seen a lot of folks saying they would only sign 4 of our free agents...I have seen some say 11.....I picked out 10 I would consider re-upping....I want to see what everyone thinks....Let me know it this is off base with the thread FX....it is yours Sir!!!  :)

I have seen a lot of folks saying they would only sign 4 of our free agents...I have seen some say 11.....I picked out 10 I would consider re-upping....I want to see what everyone thinks....Let me know it this is off base with the thread FX....it is yours Sir!!!   :)

All off-season moves/wants/wishes/etc are all welcome. Discuss anything youse want. Compare what youse want. All good here.

I am redoing the tables right now. There is a lot of mistakes. haha Hopefully I can get a mod to edit the OP when I am finished.

All off-season moves/wants/wishes/etc are all welcome. Discuss anything youse want. Compare what youse want. All good here.

I am redoing the tables right now. There is a lot of mistakes. haha Hopefully I can get a mod to edit the OP when I am finished.

I may wait for updated charts....loop me...this could be fun....:)

I have seen a lot of folks saying they would only sign 4 of our free agents...I have seen some say 11.....I picked out 10 I would consider re-upping....I want to see what everyone thinks....Let me know it this is off base with the thread FX....it is yours Sir!!!  :)

Good question, and it fits in with the info that FX has provided. I like to look at every FA with the question "can we upgrade for around the same price".

To be honest, there are less guys on that list that I would not want back than would want, all things considered. I easily got to ten.

Good question, and it fits in with the info that FX has provided. I like to look at every FA with the question "can we upgrade for around the same price".

To be honest, there are less guys on that list that I would not want back than would want, all things considered. I easily got to ten.

I think we should go into that later....I want to see the updates....this is a really good opportunity for some debates. :thmup: Good ones...not Skip Bayless lmao

I have seen a lot of folks saying they would only sign 4 of our free agents...I have seen some say 11.....I picked out 10 I would consider re-upping....I want to see what everyone thinks....Let me know it this is off base with the thread FX....it is yours Sir!!!   :)

I agree with you brent when you say about 10 of our guys will be resigned. I personally think people are a little crazy if they actually think we'll only resign 4 or 5 of our own guys. We have 23 free agents and at least those guys know and are familiar with the system. they would be fine to bring back as backups. 

I agree with you brent when you say about 10 of our guys will be resigned. I personally think people are a little crazy if they actually think we'll only resign 4 or 5 of our own guys. We have 23 free agents and at least those guys know and are familiar with the system. they would be fine to bring back as backups. 

Some of the guys people just 'hate on.'  One example is Linkenbach.  All the guy does is fill in everywhere.  Do  love him?  NO!  He played the best LG of anyone this year....when Shipley was at center.  We need that versatility...Link provides it like him or not.

I have gone through list and would say 7 I would definitely like to see come back and resigned. 

I have gone through list and would say 7 I would definitely like to see come back and resigned. 

I could cut mine down.....but I might punch myself when a man goes down to injury.  I think if we were in a room dicing through film, we could cut it to zero  :funny: Isn't that what the GMs/Owners do with coaches on Black Monday? :)

Some of the guys people just 'hate on.'  One example is Linkenbach.  All the guy does is fill in everywhere.  Do  love him?  NO!  He played the best LG of anyone this year....when Shipley was at center.  We need that versatility...Link provides it like him or not.

I agree, I definitely think Link will be brought back. He is too versatile to just let him walk away. He isn't great at any one position but he has showed he could play every position on the line(with the exception of C) when he's been called upon.

Here is our current roster with their 2013 salary cap hit and our free agents heading into the off-season. I grouped everyone by their position then put them in order of their cap hit for the upcoming season.

CurrentRoster_zpsfea99df6.png

ReserveFuture_zps73d01d55.png

InjuryReserve_zpsd6cd026a.png

DeadCap_zpsb6079692.png

FreeAgents_zpsb4eeb31f.png

Our Current active roster accounts for $62,268,399.00

The Reserve/Future list accounts for $6,270,000.00

The Injury/Reserve list accounts for $7,724,473.00

Finally our Dead Cap is $140,359.00

The active contracts account for a total of $76,262,872.00.

You can add the Dead cap for $140,359.00.

So far we have spent a total of $76,403,231.

Now I'm not a cap expert. Just simply going off of what I have seen. Ian Rapoport reported teams are being told the cap space for this season is 121.1M. There is carry over cap and a lot of other factors to add in. So maybe someone who is better with the cap can add the real numbers.

We have around $46M to spend in total.

Total players by position on current roster: Players that are going to be free agents

QB - 2: 1

RB - 6: 2

FB - 0

WR - 7: 2

TE - 4

T - 5: 2

G - 2

C - 1: 1

DE - 5: 2

DT/NT- 5: 2

LB - 10: 3

CB - 7: 4

S - 3

K - 1

P - 0: 1

LS - 1

Discuss our free agents/each position/our needs/possible draftees/etc. Post whatever you want. It's all relevant.

Hope I made this as convenient as possible. :thmup:

*Disclaimer: There is some mix-ups with what some positions players actually play. For example Jerry Hughes is listed as a DE, but we all know he is a LB now. Hopefully you can adjust your ideas accordingly.

Very nice job. I like the way this spreadsheet flows. Only thing missing is the salary breakdown of guaranteed money and non-guaranteed. Great job, thanks

I'd like to se moala play LB :D . we all know he's a DE/DT. I think McAfee, Powers, Avery, Karim, and Moala should get offered. Beyond that maybe Fokou and a couple of the special teams guys. Powers may not get a offer. He has injury problems and he didn't play all that well when he was healthy this year. Personally I thoght Avery did a nice job. Not a big $ FA tho.

I could cut mine down.....but I might punch myself when a man goes down to injury.  I think if we were in a room dicing through film, we could cut it to zero  :funny: Isn't that what the GMs/Owners do with coaches on Black Monday? :)

As long as we order a big order of Nachos and drinks I am ready to participate.

As long as we order a big order of Nachos and drinks I am ready to participate.

You know me Coltman51.....I wouldn't have it any other way......all forum members welcome....Just say no to Schefty, Morty, Clayton and Bayless...and we all know what Steven A(Neismith knows)Smth....... :spit:

Of the list of free agents, the only ones I really care about are:

C Shipley

CB Butler

CB Powers

LB Fokou

P McAfee - top

T Justice

The rest I am ok getting rid of. There are a few others that are signed I would be ok dumping also, if their cap hit isn't that bad. Hughes is one of them. Not a fan. He did better in a 3-4 defense, than a 4-3, but still don't think he is Freeney's replacement.

My picks of players to keep:

Shipley-  for depth

Butler

Moala

Mcafee

Karim- at least for returns,   maybe Hester leaves Chicago and we pick him up??

Linkenbach - for depth

Not interested in:

Avery-  I like him and glad he was on team this year,  but issue is all the drops he had.  This maybe could improve with more time and practice with Luck and O-line giving time for plays to mature and through.

Powers-  just too many injuries,  last 3 seasons ended on IR.   How many times have we gone down this slippery slope before?

All this just IMO.

I guess I could see us bring back some and let a few others go. The ones brought back won't get big inflated contracts, they will be economical short contracts. I would let go of:

Zibs

Mcglynn

Consider cutting:

Hughes

Satele

Resign at cost effective role guys:

Justice

Reitz

Karim

Link

Fokou

Westerman

Tevaseau

Resign at a bit more expense but not star money:

Johnson

Butler

Shipley

Moala ( he will probably make more than the others)

Starter money:

Mccafee

Freeney (if its the right starter money and if you can't get a better free agent)

On the fence and not worried about the either outcome but:

Avery

Collie

You have to be willing to cut guys that are descent to replace them with better talent. It's young in the new culture of Griggs and this can set a tone for the culture of play well, play hard or face being shipped out. I think our old culture has been too much of be a stand up type guy and win the hearts of the fans and we will tolerate an injury past and some subpar play here and there. Culture change is coming.

I guess I could see us bring back some and let a few others go. The ones brought back won't get big inflated contracts, they will be economical short contracts. I would let go of:

Zibs

Mcglynn       I doubt if either are going anywhere.

Consider cutting:

Hughes

Satele             Once again, doubt if either are going anywhere.

Justice

Reitz

Karim

Link

Fokou

Westerman

Tevaseau             I agree with everybody but Westerman.

Johnson

Butler

Shipley

Moala ( he will probably make more than the others)              Agree with this list as well.

Starter money:

Mccafee

Freeney (if its the right starter money and if you can't get a better free agent)        There is less than a 0.0007% chance Freeney is resigned.

Avery

Collie           I think Avery could be back, but Collie is as good as gone.

You have to be willing to cut guys that are descent to replace them with better talent. It's young in the new culture of Griggs and this can set a tone for the culture of play well, play hard or face being shipped out. I think our old culture has been too much of be a stand up type guy and win the hearts of the fans and we will tolerate an injury past and some subpar play here and there. Culture change is coming.

I messaged a Mod just now. Hopefully they can get the updated OP in soon.

Also if anyone knows how dead money works by cutting players that would be a huge help. I can add another chart in on how much we save/lose by cutting players. Then we can add another factor into the discussion.

Guys like Satele are not worth a $3M cap hit this year and a $5M cap hit next year.

Wow:  This was more of a struggle when getting down to business, and I think I might make some folks upset with a couple.  This is why they call this opinion!  :)

• Shipley:  Played better than Satele/with a mean streak and injured....a warrior.
  • Butler:  Grigson told him what it took....he proves he belongs in the NFL.
  • Moala:  Solid.  Nothing wrong with solid!  Hopefully the injury does not hold him up.
  • Linkenbach:  Only lineman healthy all year long...durability and versatility...never gonna be a world beater.
  • Karim:  Proved his worth on kickoffs....how about a Sproles-esque throw over the middle in the 'Peppy' WCO?
  • McAfee:  Can you believe I almost forgot my favorite canal swimmer?
  • Reitz:  This one may bug Colt fans.  My concern is injuries not his blocking.  Some of our best 'seal' blocking came with Joe on the field....AGAIN...when he was healthy...

OK OK...I cut it to 7, but I am keeping 4 on the burner that I do not 'dislike.'

• Powers:  He started out well in the new defense.  He seemed more agressive since the calls were to be just that.  Once again injuries, and if we can get a FA that is better or a stud draftee....expendable to say the least.
  • A. Johnson:  I do not think he gets the credit he deserves for last year.  He played hurt.  He played hard.  He played out of position....he comes and does his job.
  • Justice:  Pass blocker....good footwork....not good in the run game...injuries.  The concussions scare me on the big fella.
  • Fokou:  Get the price right.  The man plays hard...looked solid on special teams other than a few silly penalties.

I still think it will be 7-11 players kept.  I personally would like to see us move Satele in a trade if possible.  We can look at a center late, and as we know some of the good ones go undrafted.  I like Shipley:  He reminds me of Jeff Saturday when he first got here...I simply love his mean streak...loved it at Penn State.

HMMM!  We need to look at the Injured Reserve......Practice Squad....and roster too.....UUURGH......sucks being the GM and not making any money  :funny:

Wow:  This was more of a struggle when getting down to business, and I think I might make some folks upset with a couple.  This is why they call this opinion!   :)

• Shipley:  Played better than Satele/with a mean streak and injured....a warrior.
  • Moala:  Solid.  Nothing wrong with solid!  Hopefully the injury does not hold him up.
  • Linkenbach:  Only lineman healthy all year long...durability and versatility...never gonna be a world beater.
  • Karim:  Proved his worth on kickoffs....how about a Sproles-esque throw over the middle in the 'Peppy' WCO?
  • Reitz:  This one may bug Colt fans.  My concern is injuries not his blocking.  Some of our best 'seal' blocking came with Joe on the field....AGAIN...when he was healthy...

OK OK...I cut it to 7, but I am keeping 4 on the burner that I do not 'dislike.'

• Powers:  He started out well in the new defense.  He seemed more agressive since the calls were to be just that.  Once again injuries, and if we can get a FA that is better or a stud draftee....expendable to say the least.
  • A. Johnson:  I do not think he gets the credit he deserves for last year.  He played hurt.  He played hard.  He played out of position....he comes and does his job.
  • Justice:  Pass blocker....good footwork....not good in the run game...injuries.  The concussions scare me on the big fella.
  • Fokou:  Get the price right.  The man plays hard...looked solid on special teams other than a few silly penalties.

I still think it will be 7-11 players kept.  I personally would like to see us move Satele in a trade if possible.  We can look at a center late, and as we know some of the good ones go undrafted.  I like Shipley:  He reminds me of Jeff Saturday when he first got here...I simply love his mean streak...loved it at Penn State.

HMMM!  We need to look at the Injured Reserve......Practice Squad....and roster too.....UUURGH......sucks being the GM and not making any money  :funny:

Good post Brent. I agree with all your picks to come back and I still think there is a chance that Teveseu could come back because he is a true NT and Avery because I think people overblow his dropped passes and he would still be cheap.

Thanks Balzer.  I did not mention Tevauseu.....he did a nice job.  With Chapman and Brandon Mc back and FA/draft...who knows what will happen?  A good position to be in really.

Avery has WOW factor and  :censored2: factor.  You love him on the great big plays....you want to strangle him on the easy ones.... reminiscent of Mr. Garcon at times...but dropped MORE.

Thanks Balzer.  I did not mention Tevauseu.....he did a nice job.  With Chapman and Brandon Mc back and FA/draft...who knows what will happen?  A good position to be in really.

Avery has WOW factor and  :censored2: factor.  You love him on the great big plays....you want to strangle him on the easy ones.... reminiscent of Mr. Garcon at times...but dropped MORE.

I figure Teveseu may be kept over A.J. simply because he will probably be cheaper and is more of a true NT. Plus with Chapman and McKinney both coming off ACL's he may be more valuable than A.J.. 

You're right about Avery. He has elite speed and can be a great deep threat along with Hilton. I think he may be kept to keep some continuity with Luck and to add some experienced depth. It's hard to tell with either of these guys though. Grigson may think he can find upgrades to both.

Zibs

Mcglynn

Consider cutting:

Hughes

Satele

Justice

Reitz

Karim

Link

Fokou

Westerman

Tevaseau

Johnson

Butler

Shipley

Moala ( he will probably make more than the others)

Starter money:

Mccafee

Freeney (if its the right starter money and if you can't get a better free agent)

Avery

Collie

I think your missing Sam statale

I figure Teveseu may be kept over A.J. simply because he will probably be cheaper and is more of a true NT. Plus with Chapman and McKinney both coming off ACL's he may be more valuable than A.J.. 

You're right about Avery. He has elite speed and can be a great deep threat along with Hilton. I think he may be kept to keep some continuity with Luck and to add some experienced depth. It's hard to tell with either of these guys though. Grigson may think he can find upgrades to both.

I think we will be surprised as to who we get.....and who we let go....I actually think we will have at least one 'household' name come aboard as a FA.  

Irsay wants to 'tweet it to the world' when it happens  haha

I messaged a Mod just now. Hopefully they can get the updated OP in soon.

Also if anyone knows how dead money works by cutting players that would be a huge help. I can add another chart in on how much we save/lose by cutting players. Then we can add another factor into the discussion.

Guys like Satele are not worth a $3M cap hit this year and a $5M cap hit next year.

I think I can help with the dead money. Who do you want to see?

By the way, good stuff here. I've been meaning to make a chart like this.

Wow:  This was more of a struggle when getting down to business, and I think I might make some folks upset with a couple.  This is why they call this opinion!   :)

This is indeed thorough & spectacular analysis, but your real forte & claim to fame in my humble opinion is Special Teams my friend. Care to diagnose how the Blue Horseshoe looks in that Dept.? Thanks.  :thmup:

Yes, you did reference Karim on kickoffs I see. How would you assess our entire ST unit as a whole?