Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I JUST GOT INTO A FIGHT! HOW MANY TROPHIES DO WE HAVE?!

coltsfan_nyc

I refuse to glorify senseless violence so I will spare you the details. Let's just say I strongly voiced my opinion through unconventional means to a fellow patron that the colts have two trophies, superbowl 5 and the superbowl we won with Peyton Manning. Long story short, am I wrong?

I was being rational until the drunkard I was talking to decided words were not enough to prove his case.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were arguing with a bitter Baltimorian they will say the Colts have 1 Super Bowl.

They won't credit the Super Bowl V trophy to us, nor the '58 and '59 championships for that matter.

But many fans here have watched those games.

So we have two. One in Baltimore and one in Indy. It all depends on who you are talking to.

See, I knew we had two, he said we had one, and lost superbowl 3, I told him about superbowl 5 and he started getting super hostile! Very wierd moment, the last fight I been in was in highschool, this feels like a dream or something, like did this realy happen?

Do you know what team he was a fan of? Maybe the Cowboys.... haha

I can ask my date, It was a friend of a friend tagging along before we all went our seperate ways. The thing is, I didn't even want to go out tonight smh. It wasnt even a big fight, more like a brief skirmish before it was brken up and we was forced to leave, that's why I only hang out with a small circle of close friends and I hate crowds.

If I'm not mistaken he may have been a Raven fan

Your both right and wrong, The Colts franchise has 2 superbowls, but one with Baltimore and one in Indianapolis. So it all depends on who you talk to, if they claim the one in Baltimore.

This is true. Browns fans could say that their team has 2 Lombardis in a 12 year span based on this logic.

I refuse to glorify senseless violence so I will spare you the details. Let's just say I strongly voiced my opinion through unconventional means to a fellow patron that the colts have two trophies, superbowl 5 and the superbowl we won with Peyton Manning. Long story short, am I wrong?

I was being rational until the drunkard I was talking to decided words were not enough to prove his case.

Get em!!!

Sorry you got into a skirmish over football (it happens when booze is involved)....that said, you are correct. However, Indianapolis does not really publicize the SB 5 win since it was in Baltimore. Unless franchise records are involved, they leave the Baltimore days in Baltimore. You don't see Unitas or Berry jerseys for sale in the Colts Pro Shop...I did once see a hat though shortly after SB41 that promoted the Colts as two time SB winners. It was officially licensed too. But other than that, nothing. So you are right, but its not a big to do here. And I am ok with that.

Sorry you got into a skirmish over football (it happens when booze is involved)....that said, you are correct. However, Indianapolis does not really publicize the SB 5 win since it was in Baltimore. Unless franchise records are involved, they leave the Baltimore days in Baltimore. You don't see Unitas or Berry jerseys for sale in the Colts Pro Shop...I did once see a hat though shortly after SB41 that promoted the Colts as two time SB winners. It was officially licensed too. But other than that, nothing. So you are right, but its not a big to do here. And I am ok with that.

We do have a few Baltimore player banners in the media room (?) I believe.

This is true. Browns fans could say that their team has 2 Lombardis in a 12 year span based on this logic.

Not the same.  Browns ceased to be the Browns when they moved to Baltimore because they changed their name, logo, uniform, everything and Cleveland got to keep the Browns name, logo and history and was immediately awarded the expansion Browns.  Baltimore had to wait 13 years before they got another team.  They tried the expansion route and was continually snubbed by the NFL.  So they finally just took what they wanted.   The Colts never stopped being the same franchise, they just took up residence in a different city.  They kept the same nickname, logo, colors, everything.  As such, the Colts franchise has two Super Bowls, one won in Baltimore (Super Bowl V) and the other won in Indianapolis (Super Bowl XLI).  Furthermore, they have two more world titles as the Baltimore Colts in 1958 and 1959.  4 world titles total can be claimed by the franchise (3 by the city of Baltimore and 1 by Indianapolis).   A better analogy to the Colts would be the LA/St.Louis Rams not the Cleveland Browns. 

Not the same.  Browns ceased to be the Browns when they moved to Baltimore because they changed their name, logo, uniform, everything and Cleveland got to keep the Browns name, logo and history and was immediately awarded the expansion Browns.  Baltimore had to wait 13 years before they got another team.  They tried the expansion route and was continually snubbed by the NFL.  So they finally just took what they wanted.   The Colts never stopped being the same franchise, they just took up residence in a different city.  They kept the same nickname, logo, colors, everything.  As such, the Colts franchise has two Super Bowls, one won in Baltimore (Super Bowl V) and the other won in Indianapolis (Super Bowl XLI).  Furthermore, they have two more world titles as the Baltimore Colts in 1958 and 1959.  4 world titles total can be claimed by the franchise (3 by the city of Baltimore and 1 by Indianapolis).   A better analogy to the Colts would be the LA/St.Louis Rams not the Cleveland Browns. 

The whole switching of history is just...silly

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, February 4, 2013 - language in gif
Hidden by Coltssouth, February 4, 2013 - language in gif

Watch-Out-We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-T-Sh

As I said, the whole idea is that because it is a different city is just silly.  The Rams recognize the Cleveland Rams titles.  The Cardinals recognize the Chicago Cardinals title.  The Kansas City Chiefs recognize the Dallas Texans AFL title.

I say you are a Colts fan or you aren't.  What city they are in is irrelevant.  If the Colts suddenly moved to Toronto I would be a fan of the Toronto Colts.

Yeah true-- I was just trying to prove the point that it is a rather silly argument that those fans have.

The Colts have won Two Super Bowls but only have one of the trophies the other was returned to Baltimore after the move as a part of that whole mess. 

Two Super Bowls, three trophies. Don't forget Carroll Rosenbloom's stolen trophy and the replica made to replace it, which is indeed in Baltimore.

The Colts have four titles. 58.59.70, and 2007.   That crap about Baltimore and Indy is stupid.   The Rams have been in three cities.  Cleveland, LA, and St Louis.  The Colts are the Colts.  Doesn't matter where they move.

Technically, there are some that claim 1968 as another Championship year.(I am not one of them) The Colts won the NFL Championship before being beaten by the Jets and Earl Morrall in SB5. (pre merger)

Technically yes AND no.

Yes because the first one was in baltimore, so being the indianapolis colts we only have 1 and if im not mistaken baltimore still holds the baltimore colts super bowl trophy.

and No because its still the same franchise from when it was in baltimore and still owned by the same family.

The Colts franchise has won 4 championships. It doesn't matter where the team was located when they won. As for the physical triophies, I could care less. the fact remains that they have won 4 league championships and one of them is considered the greatest game ever played. I won't discount that just because it didn't happen in Indy.

The Colts have four titles. 58.59.70, and 2007.   That crap about Baltimore and Indy is stupid.   The Rams have been in three cities.  Cleveland, LA, and St Louis.  The Colts are the Colts.  Doesn't matter where they move.

Technically, they have 5 NFL titles. In 1968 they were NFL Champs when they played the Jets who were AFL Champs.

Technically, they have 5 NFL titles. In 1968 they were NFL Champs when they played the Jets who were AFL Champs.

True, but I count that just like any other conference championship. I know it was technically an NFL championship, but since the Super Bowl was played afterward, it has always felt like just a conference championship.

Technically yes AND no.

Yes because the first one was in baltimore, so being the indianapolis colts we only have 1 and if im not mistaken baltimore still holds the baltimore colts super bowl trophy.

and No because its still the same franchise from when it was in baltimore and still owned by the same family.

When they won SB5, they weren't owned by the Irsay family. Carroll Rosenbloom owned them at that time. Irsay bought the Rams and traded franchises in 1972.