Smonroe

Do you want Revis (poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. while still paying a fair price to get him

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants a pay raise every year.. i doubt grigs wants that head ache on top of what it would cost to get him

The Jets, when they negotiated Revis' latest contract, put in two or three extra years at the end at/around league minimum that would void if Revis didn't hold out of camp before that.  If he held out, the Jets had him for 2-3 extra years for pennies on the dollar. That's actually quite brilliant (you don't say that often about the Jets).

Regardless, you could work around that if you wanted to.

To Jets? Trade for our Mr. irrelevant. They dont have QB. :)

Ironically, they traded us our backup QB last year because he didn't want to be the 3rd QB behind Tebow.  Of course, their 3rd QB last year got to start a couple games last year while our backup QB never saw the field, so you should be careful what you wish for.

They won't trade for Revis, Davis is our #1 and if Revis comes in he will only digress and I remember a couple of years ago Davis saying that he was better than Revis, so I don't think they good coexist

Well, this just isn't true at all. Revis digress? Davis better than Revis? Two quality corner couldn't coexist?

Just no.

Well, this just isn't true at all. Revis digress? Davis better than Revis? Two quality corner couldn't coexist?

Just no.

Sorry I mistyped, I meant Davis would digress, and I didn't say Davis was better, I said that Davis said he was better than Revis. I would love it if Revis was a Colt but I just don't see it happening. I also feel that you can have 2 quality CB's, you just can't have 2 #1 CB's and they will both want to be paid like a #1

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/23/3909432/darrelle-revis-trade-rumors-jets-woody-johnson

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, with our coaches and the vets in our locker room I think he would adjust and be outstanding ! Kage1984 posted that Davis is our #1..OK..why can't we have 2 #1's. do this and deal vaughn for a late round pick, but it is a dream for me. Bleed Blue Brothers !!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/23/3909432/darrelle-revis-trade-rumors-jets-woody-johnson

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, with our coaches and the vets in our locker room I think he would adjust and be outstanding ! Kage1984 posted that Davis is our #1..OK..why can't we have 2 #1's. do this and deal vaughn for a late round pick, but it is a dream for me. Bleed Blue Brothers !!!

Vets in our locker room? All four of them?

Vets in our locker room? All four of them?

Pretty close.

We have 8 players right now with more experience than Revis, 3 of which (Justice, Moore, Freeney) I don't expect to be here next year and 1 of which is a kicker.

Ehh... I don't want Revis. At all.  I understand he's an outstanding corner, but I think he brings too many headaches.  Didn't he already hold out TWICE? Then he got injured.  I'm fine with Davis being our #1 and picking up one of the lower tier corners in FA, (Williams, Jenkins, etc) draft someone, or even re-sign Powers and see how he does.  I'd much rather us sink our FA money into OL or someone who knows what "pass rush" means at OLB.

In our secondary I think we need a #2 corner, and a Safety more than we need another "shut-down" corner for not only the price of the trade, but the contract  he is going to want.  Just not worth it, IMO.

So you think paying 2 CB's 7.5 mil + per year is a viable option for a franchise?

why wouldn't we want Revis is the real question... Everyone complains about having no CBs besides Davis, and now you don't want Revis???

I'm all for getting another corner, but NOT shelling out the picks, players, and $$$ it will require to get Revis.  We don't need another #1.  We need a solid #2 who isn't so easily picked on, and a pass rush.

why wouldn't we want Revis is the real question... Everyone complains about having no CBs besides Davis, and now you don't want Revis???

you want to pay the huge contract for revis and davis, there both top Sahlont CBs we need a upper shalont Cb to get w/ Davis to keep us from having no cap