Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hate to bring it up, but Peyton's 21 pts at home better than Brady's 13 pts at home

chad72

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 21, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 21, 2013 - response to hidden post
Ray is a Killa'.. oh wait.. bahaha...

Seriously though.. I cant stand the man..

Can he possibly be as passionate in real life as he is when he gives interviews? I cannot imagine having someone as high strung as him as a friend.

"Ray, should we get pizza or Mexican?"

"It really comes down to what God wants! God is great and good and we should look to him for the answer!"

"Ray...we're just choosing food here..."

"The choices we make in life, no matter how small, dictate our success!"

I'd finally just have to haul off and punch him and then he'd throw me across the house.

Brady did play like crap. Think about this, Adam missed a FG when we played Baltimore. Luck on the road as a rookie with no protection actually just scored 1 less point then the Pats offense did.

Wow.

I feel bad for Manning tonight since I honestly think that if the Broncos won the game last weekend they had a real shot vs. NE in Denver with probably better weather and the rust shaken off.

Me too. I don't think Peyton/Denver would have had too much trouble getting that win. After all, they hung right in there with the team that just smoked NE at home.

I think the Ravens are going to win it all and I like the 49ers a lot.  Their offensive line is playing as good as I've seen in years...and I'm talking any team.

I wasn't going to be able to sleep until I saw Brady's pouty face.  The camera panned to him and there it was.  I shall sleep well tonight.

Just to add to it, Brady has lost by 15+ to Ravens twice at home, and by 7 points to Jets at home in 2009, 2010, & 2012.

Peyton however, his home losses have been by 2 points to Jets, 3 to Titans, Steelers, Ravens, and 4 to the Chargers. Plus, his last 5 games, his team has lost 4th qtr. leads in regulation to Chargers twice, Saints once, Jets once, and Ravens once. So, guess which 6th one bucks the trend next time??? :)

Peyton has his deficiencies but sometimes I do feel like Peyton is like Samuel Jackson (Elijah) in Unbreakable, misery finds him, lol :)
Me too. I don't think Peyton/Denver would have had too much trouble getting that win. After all, they hung right in there with the team that just smoked NE at home.

Karma , ???

His game Coldest playoff ever in Bronco History  & worse asy this year & this weekend gorgeous

Every time the Pats have lost a playoff game we hear some Brady injury afterwards....

well he has been injured in years pasts, altho he has been healthly this year . . . i highly doubt that there will be anything coming out about any injuires to Brady . . . the pats have lost games when Brady has been injured and when Brady has been healthy . . .

I'll come to Brady's Defense on this, just a little bit.

1. His receivers really let him down in this game, Wes Welker has to be the most un-clutch WR in the NFL.

2. They showed how important Gronkowski really is to this offense.

3. They were missing 4 star starters to injury for most of the game / all of the game (Talib, Ridley, Gronkowski, and Love)

4. The 3 Turnovers, (1 INT tipped at the line, Ridley was KO'd, and 1 INT in desperation time)

That being said, just like the past 3 games, the Ravens were the better team, playing with destiny and emotion on their side, and the patriots fell apart when it really counted.

I don't get all the Brady hate though, I don't remember Pats fans coming in here and hating on Luck when we lost to the Ravens?

1. His receivers really let him down in this game, Wes Welker has to be the most un-clutch WR in the NFL.

3. They were missing 4 star starters to injury for most of the game / all of the game (Talib, Ridley, Gronkowski, and Love)

4. The 3 Turnovers, (1 INT tipped at the line, Ridley was KO'd, and 1 INT in desperation time)

That being said, just like the past 3 games, the Ravens were the better team, playing with destiny and emotion on their side, and the patriots fell apart when it really counted.

I don't get all the Brady hate though, I don't remember Pats fans coming in here and hating on Luck when we lost to the Ravens?

Get used to it. It may have been Peyton that Brady bested and not Luck but the Pats' fans other than a few like GoPats, were always quick to point out "Brady awesome this, awesome that". So, it was the Colts that bore the brunt as a franchise in our playoff losses to them.

Whether Peyton or Luck is our QB, I will still hate the Pats as long as Belichick is their coach. I respect Brady but hate the Pats and will call it like I see it if Brady underperforms.

Cuz this is... You know a Colts forum? I'm sure if you went on the Pats forums there was a fair share of bashing.

Get used to it. It may have been Peyton that Brady bested and not Luck but the Pats' fans other than a few like GoPats, were always quick to point out "Brady awesome this, awesome that". So, it was the Colts that bore the brunt as a franchise in our playoff losses to them.

Whether Peyton or Luck is our QB, I will still hate the Pats as long as Belichick is their coach. I respect Brady but hate the Pats and will call it like I see it if Brady underperforms.

I'm no Brady / Pats fan at all, as a matter of fact I think they should have * next to their superbowl wins because of spygate, but it is just really not classy that we have an entire thread created to bashing their QB, and if they bash us who cares? This isn't eye for an eye. I'm just astonished that we are dipping to that level in this thread.

Balt was beat @ Denver but hit a bomb that ESPN said had a 97% chance of succeeding considering time, down, distance.

NE lost their best CB, and starting S in the first Q.   NE did not have Gronk, and NE scored one TD in 5 trips inside the Balt. 25.  Welker drops a sure 1st down that would have put NE inside the Balt 25 AGAIN with the score 13-6 NE.   

I seems every year here lately the very fortunate are winning.    

Please SF beat this lucky butt team.... 

Looking at how good this Ravens' defensive unit has turned it around, now Peyton's 21 points on offense at home does not look too shabby, and is definitely better than the 13 pts Brady put at home.

Just goes to show you that this Ravens team looks like a team of destiny. Flacco is balling, and the Ravens are better than we thought they were.

I'm no Brady / Pats fan at all, as a matter of fact I think they should have * next to their superbowl wins because of spygate, but it is just really not classy that we have an entire thread created to bashing their QB, and if they bash us who cares? This isn't eye for an eye. I'm just astonished that we are dipping to that level in this thread.

Had the pats won there would be 15 new threads talking about how great he is..

64206_10151383947135100_272181187_n.jpg

I am not into name calling & still Respect Brady & his accomplishments ,

Your Picture above However Reminded Me Of

according to NFL network from what I saw as they flashed Newspaper Headlines

The Front Page of the Boston Globe had a picture of the above  from the front with Headlines, Down & Out

The NY papers really got in the name calling business, Forgot 1 of them , but the other That is Either New York Post or Daily news Headline was something Like Tom Horrific

NY TIMES IS ABOVE SUCH AS FAR AS I KNOW

BAD BLOOD FOR REAL BETWEEN THESE 2 TEAMS

But Suggs went wild

Baltimore Ravens' Terrell Suggs rips New England Patriots after AFC championship win, calls them "arrogant f---ers"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/suggs-ravens-lb-curses-patriots-article-1.1243825#ixzz2IdT4d4SW

& Welkers Wife RETORTS VS LEWIS

Wife of Patriots' Welker goes on Facebook rant against Ravens' Lewis

Another playoff loss, another Patriots player's wife sounding off.

No, it wasn't Tom Brady's supermodel wife who went on a postgame rant this time, but rather Wes Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, who went on the offensive against the Ravens.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay! What a hall of fame player! A true role model!," the former Miss Hooters wrote on her Facebook page following the Patriots' 28-13 loss to Baltimore

Read more: Wife of Patriots' Welker goes on Facebook rant against Ravens' Lewis http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflblitz/wife_lewis_patriots_welker_goes_lJxtNxHUhA8Wp06HB5rURL#ixzz2IdTYpBCL

Had the pats won there would be 15 new threads talking about how great he is..

some Pat  fans here are Quite Coirdial and wouldnt start such , though may comment

But Others Yes u r correct

Just dont paint all the same, just like colt & peyton fans good and bad abound on all sides

It didnt start that way but did end up a feeding on that point like many threads due change course, Yes its disrepectfull to forum members like Go Pats,  Yehoiodi and others,

but its  more an indictment, in my opinion  against the few that kept bashing Peyton and members are maybe over exhuberant in their response ,

but for some its a chance to say something back not really against Brady but against those Pat fans that were giving cruel & unusual punishment to Peyton after the Bronco loss 

well he has been injured in years pasts, altho he has been healthly this year . . . i highly doubt that there will be anything coming out about any injuires to Brady . . . the pats have lost games when Brady has been injured and when Brady has been healthy . . .

SEE MY COMMENT above u & noted your name & go pats that alot here is disrespectful to good forum members that are pat fans

true enough & fair, can be said of Many Greats, a bad game doesnt destroy his overall excellance

Again its a Team Game lets not forget

But the QB gets the credit for the wwin or loss

Listen, I respect the Pats, Brady, and Belichick, but for yrs. Pats fans bashed on Manning and some of it was deserved and some of it wasn't. Now the Pats are getting paid back for their failures in the playoffs. I posted the pics of Brady because it's funny and thats all there is too it. 

I think some feel like they have to go out of their way to be cordial to fans of other teams here, Im not sure they actually feel that way or if they are just trying to be nice. I think some take it too far trying to defend other teams/players, or their fans. There is nothing wrong with a little trash talk. It's harmless banter that has been going on between different fan bases since the beginning of organized sports.

Listen, I respect the Pats, Brady, and Belichick, but for yrs. Pats fans bashed on Manning and some of it was deserved and some of it wasn't. Now the Pats are getting paid back for their failures in the playoffs. I posted the pics of Brady because it's funny and thats all there is too it.

I think some feel like they have to go out of their way to be cordial to fans of other teams here, Im not sure they actually feel that way or if they are just trying to be nice. I think some take it too far trying to defend other teams/players, or their fans. There is nothing wrong with a little trash talk. It's harmless banter that has been going on between different fan bases since the beginning of organized sports.

Excellent post

I was really a fool to think that Manning vs. Brady threads on the Colts site would die once Manning was no longer a Colt.

Please someone start a Luck vs. RG3 thread at least that horse still has life in it.

Agree, I never thought it would get this bad all year here with Manning on another team. But, I am not sure Broncos fans on their forums are as into the debate as Colts fans are.

And yes I prefer Luck/RG3 threads. :)

Look, neither Brady/Manning made the SB and lost to the same team. Neither did it. I don't feel as much hate as I used to for the Patriots and I have said this all year. I am glad the Ravens did it though.

The Ravens beat both teams but the one thing Pats fans have going for themselves I guess is that Brady did not go one and done at home. But, Manning statistically had the better game vs. Baltimore.

BOTH lost though. Hats off to Baltimore since I did not think they would get through both and might run out of gas at some point too. But, they didn't.

And the Colts lost to Baltimore as well.

Baltimore has bragging rights over the entire AFC right now.

You make some great point here. Just to add something to #1, the Pats also got the benefit of a lot of questionable personal foul calls that helped sustain drives. Kind of makes up for the couple of dropped passes.

And to refute #2, they scored the third most points in NFL history this season, with Gronkowski missing five games. He absolutely is important to them, but his absence isn't the primary reason they only scored 13 points last night.

And the big thing here is -- from a Manning fan standpoint, a Colts fan standpoint -- there's always room for nuance. When someone mentions how Manning couldn't beat the Chargers in the playoffs, we can point out how those losses to the the Chargers weren't Manning's fault. We can mention how dropped passes and fumbles and no pass rush cost us in 2007, and how blown protections and terrible defense and Mike Scifres' historical game hurt us in 2008. Those losses aren't solely on Manning. But all Brady fans want to point out is the postseason win/loss record. Nuance doesn't exist when it's Manning being evaluated.

But once it's about Brady's losses (and he hasn't won a Super Bowl in eight consecutive seasons now), we have to talk about Welker's drop, and we have to talk about Gronkowski being hurt, and poor line play against the Giants, and tipped passes, and shoulder injuries, and poor matchups, and so on.

I think all of those things matter. But in the media, and among Pats fans like Snowglobe (who is noticeably absent), it's all about Brady being a winner and Manning being a choker. Then when Brady loses, there's myriad excuses for him, and when Manning wins, it's about how he only beat Rex Grossman. There's a lack of perspective in these soundbites, and it's annoying to me and others.

I don't hate Brady. He's a fantastic quarterback. But he has this reputation as being a rock solid clutch performer, someone who gets better in the postseason, who you can't bet against in big games. And that reputation was ill-gotten, if you ask me, and continues to live on despite nearly a decade of evidence to the contrary. He's not infallible. And though all of the recent losses are clearly not his fault, he hasn't lived up to the reputation he was given early on. Not his fault; it was an unreasonable reputation to begin with. But it continues to be pushed upon us, even though we know better.

I don't hate Brady. He's a fantastic quarterback. But he has this reputation as being a rock solid clutch performer, someone who gets better in the postseason, who you can't bet against in big games. And that reputation was ill-gotten, if you ask me, and continues to live on despite nearly a decade of evidence to the contrary. He's not infallible. And though all of the recent losses are clearly not his fault, he hasn't lived up to the reputation he was given early on. Not his fault; it was an unreasonable reputation to begin with. But it continues to be pushed upon us, even though we know better.

Superman, I can only wish I could word posts like you do. Could not have said it better. :)

Agree, I never thought it would get this bad all year here with Manning on another team. But, I am not sure Broncos fans on their forums are as into the debate as Colts fans are.

And yes I prefer Luck/RG3 threads. :)

Look, neither Brady/Manning made the SB and lost to the same team. Neither did it. I don't feel as much hate as I used to for the Patriots and I have said this all year. I am glad the Ravens did it though.

The Ravens beat both teams but the one thing Pats fans have going for themselves I guess is that Brady did not go one and done at home. But, Manning statistically had the better game vs. Baltimore.

BOTH lost though. Hats off to Baltimore since I did not think they would get through both and might run out of gas at some point too. But, they didn't.

And the Colts lost to Baltimore as well.

Baltimore has bragging rights over the entire AFC right now.

I was going to say what's lost in all this Manning did better in his loss than Brady did in his loss is that BOTH did better than the Colts did.  Personally as a Colts fan I am more interested in seeing the later improve.  I understand that might not relate to everyone and that's fine just my view point on it. Of course I wish Manning would have lost and it's not breaking my heart that Tom Brady lost but none the less I think the Manning vs Brady thing is a bit played out and has been dissected to death. 

its-dead-jim-star-trek.jpg

That about sums out how I feel about the poor horse in this debate.  With that said if people wish to keep having this debate please feel free.