Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins fans.........

arwalt86

OK, so even though I'm a die hard Colts fan, I did read an article on ESPN this morning talking about RGIII's knee injury. After reading the article I decided to read some of the comments, and it was a total Andrew Luck bash fest. Are these people completely oblivious to the complexity of Bruce Arians' offense and to the FACT that Mike Shannahan is using the Baylor spread offense and that's the ONLY reason he's doing as good as he is, I'm probably more so venting on here about it, but these were the same fans who were crying for Peyton Manning in the offseason, but critical of Luck for throwing Interceptions. In my opinion, they have 0 football IQ, and I normally don't like to bash other fans, but it was just absolutely ridiculous.

Here's the link that proves it's still Baylor's offense

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/36841/back-to-school-how-mike-shanahan-is-using-rg3s-college-offense-with-the-redskins

Did you gloss over the end of the article, the one that somehow "proves" you're right?

"Griffin’s advantage is that he adds an element to Shanahan's pro-style offense that can't be understated. It cannot be emphasized enough that all those supposedly "easy" passes Griffin threw early on were decisions he had to make based on how the defense played. That may be the most exciting thing about his debut. Unlike many NFL coaches whose egos and lack of creativity won't allow them to utilize their players’ strengths and weaknesses, Shanahan is evolving his offense into a reflection of his young quarterback. Robert Griffin III is not a "running quarterback," but rather a quarterback who can also run; Shanahan's Redskins offense is not a college-style spread offense, but a blend of a pro-style system that also incorporates some of college football’s newest and best ideas. Griffin certainly has a long way to go, but his development — and the development of this offense — will be fun to watch, unless, that is, you're the one trying to stop it."

Just to add: the supposed " Baylor offense" is not the ONLY reason Griffin is doing well. He's executing well, he's efficient, he doesn't turn the ball over, and he elevates his game in situations that call for it. To say that the only reason he is doing well is because Shanahan has imported his college offense into the NFL is extremely short-sighted and just blatantly incorrect.

OK, so even though I'm a die hard Colts fan, I did read an article on ESPN this morning talking about RGIII's knee injury. After reading the article I decided to read some of the comments, and it was a total Andrew Luck bash fest. Are these people completely oblivious to the complexity of Bruce Arians' offense and to the FACT that Mike Shannahan is using the Baylor spread offense and that's the ONLY reason he's doing as good as he is, I'm probably more so venting on here about it, but these were the same fans who were crying for Peyton Manning in the offseason, but critical of Luck for throwing Interceptions. In my opinion, they have 0 football IQ, and I normally don't like to bash other fans, but it was just absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.grantland...th-the-redskins

Sigh

1. If it's ran in the pros, it's not a college offense

2. It's not a college offense, numerous analyst have already pointed this out. It's a combination of Myke's running game, kyles passing game and some concepts from College, namely the pistol read option run and play action off of that.

3. If it is a college offense, maybe other teams should do it. The Skins are ranked 6th in the NFL in total offense and 7th in scoring

4. If it is a college offense, defensive seem to be struggling to stop it.

5. Pistol is a formation - nothing more, nothing less. It's just a modified shotgun that allows the QB the advantages of shotgun without losing the ability to run a power running game. More and more NFL teams are using this formation. The Redskins have been the best at using it this year.

Listen to the Dilfer interview here:

It's a very honest and accurate assessment of what the Redskins offense is that delves in to what Griffin did at Baylor, how it's different from what we do now, and where he has room for significant improvement.

Edit: Just realized cardiac posted it in that other thread, too. Why in the heck do you you guys have so many threads about my QB? ;)

You should never read ESPN comments. You can't single out Redskins fans alone, comments on ESPN are just loaded with trolls and fools no matter what team it is. Try all those bountygate articles, as well as every Patriot article is loaded with spygate clowns and anything about Brett Favre was loaded with nothing but hate comments. Save yourself some peace of mind and don't even bother reading the comments unless you just want to get mad at somebody.

as a colts i have actually been quite excited about both RG3 and Andrew Luck. both have played well and both have their teams on the verge of post season play. i honestly do not see why there is so much debate about who is better, its immature and stupid to be quite honest.

RG3 was drafted number 2 by the skins and was brought into a team who has a offensive line who has played together, they have a good running game that does not put the whole game on RG3 shoulders. granted if he keeps running the ball he is bound to get seriously hurt and alot of that i gotta blame on Kyle Shannahan and the Redskins front office. sorry but if i was the owner i would want my prized QB protected at all times. especially if i gave up high draft picks for him, and knowing that i had not had this good of a QB come into Washington in a long time. yet Kyle shannahan keeps calling these plays for him to run (options, QB draws, etc. ) the kid has an arm let him use it. he doesnt have the passing yards that Luck has but his TD/INT ratio is better.

Andrew Luck - he is coming into a unique situation. he is having to replace peyton manning, alot of colt fans still dont believe we should have let manning walk and just trade the first over all pick away (my opinion that would have been stupid long term), New GM, New Head Coach, OC, and DC. Rookie WR's (brazill and Hilton who has been a big impact on the team) rookie TE's (fleener and allen) and like the redskins a rookie RB. the offensive line are just guys who were pulled away from other teams via trade or picked up in FA and the only real colt on that line is castanzo. the colts dont reallyhave a run game as good as the redskins so they are having to rely more on Luck and throwing it 50 times a game proves it. throwing that many times a game your bound to have 2 or 3 INT's a game. but he is on pace for 4400 yards this year with is 350 yards better then cam newtons record.

point is both QB's are playing very well for the team they were drafted by. would luck play that well in washington??? prob not. would RG3 play that well in indy??? again prob not. their fit for the type of offense being ran in their respected cities. both QB's will grow to be alot better, and it very well could turn into a rivalry after the 2014 season when they play each other (unless some miracle happens and both teams make the superbowl before then) i honestly believe these two will square off against each other in the superbowl before they both retire.

Honestly i dont know why skins fans are talking badly about Luck, maybe because it has to do with him having the colts at 9-4 while RG3 has the skins at 7-6, IDK. and its not just skins fans, there have been colts fans saying same crap about RG3. while both sides are arguing on whos QB is better, the Seahawk fans are sitting back laughing and talking badly about both QB's saying their QB is the better one and deserves ROY. yet he can only manage to win 1 game on the road??? and have a controvercial call against Green bay at the end of the game which in my opinion has hurt the skins so far in the playoff race.

Good post. It's a select few Redskins fans that do bash Luck so horribly, and i think it's something that compounds on itself with Colts fans: they see RG3 getting all the headlines and proceed to try to tear him down, Redskins see the Colts' "easy schedule" and Luck's mediocre stats and are appalled at the fact that many consider him to be ROY so they proceed to spit vitrol, and then fans of both teams see such vitrolic hate and it exponentiates.

as a colts i have actually been quite excited about both RG3 and Andrew Luck. both have played well and both have their teams on the verge of post season play. i honestly do not see why there is so much debate about who is better, its immature and stupid to be quite honest.

This, x 100.

I can't say I've heard much out of the Redskins fan base on this but who cares if they're bashing Luck? They're happy with their guy, you're happy with your guy, can't it just be left at that?

And any Indy fan who bashes RGIII is similarly just letting something get to them for no reason other than football fan insecurity. (Which is something I've NEVER understood... at all.)

Both guys are playing extremely well and helping their teams win games. Both guys are exciting to watch. Both guys have very bright futures. Let's leave it at that for now and have the "who's better?" discussion in, I don't know, maybe five years or so!

(And as a Pats fan, this is all eerily familiar by the way! LOL...)

Good post. It's a select few Redskins fans that do bash Luck so horribly, and i think it's something that compounds on itself with Colts fans: they see RG3 getting all the headlines and proceed to try to tear him down, Redskins see the Colts' "easy schedule" and Luck's mediocre stats and are appalled at the fact that many consider him to be ROY so they proceed to spit vitrol, and then fans of both teams see such vitrolic hate and it exponentiates.

And it never ends lol.

Hello, everyone. I like to read other forums just to see what the viewpoint that other fanbases have on things, and I'm actually a Redskins fan. And, I assure you, I AM NOT a troll, and I definitely am not trying to incite an argument. Anyways, I saw the OP, and quite frankly what you talked about is embarrassing to most Redskins fans, as most Skins fans at the very least respect Andrew Luck as a QB, whether they like him or not. I, personally, like him, and I think he's a pretty darn good QB, and you guys have a gem. Sure, I can see some of the arguments that some of his picks have been unacceptable, but at the same time, he throws more than RGIII. But that will come with time, he is a rookie, after all. He's a great QB. I don't want you guys to think that the entire Skins fanbase hates Luck, because that's simply not the case.

But there's also a flip side, and I'd even say that I've seen more RG3 bashing from Colts fans than I've seen of Luck bashing from Skins fans. I'd like to believe that this isn't the entire fanbase, same as us, but I'm just saying, I've seen it A LOT from Colts fans. Please, that's not a shot to your team, or the people here on this forum, I love your organization, I always have, ESPECIALLY this year with Coach Pagano, and I also really like Andrew Luck. RG3 is a great QB, too, and I'd like to think that what makes him a great QB is that he DOES have the Cannon before the Wheels in terms of his ability (but he's not necessarily a RUNNING QB, as they do use him more in passing situations.... the majority of our offensive gameplan is actually Alfred Morris). He's accurate, he's poised, he has great arm strength, and I think the best quality he has, is that he's a leader. As far as his injury this past week, he was actually getting down to the ground, but his leg freakishly whipped back as Haloti Ngata was also going down to hit him, so I really wouldn't say that his injury was his fault, nor Haloti Ngata's, it was just a freak play.

I don't see the hate (from fanbases or otherwise) on either of these two QBs. From what I've seen, people act like one has to be GREAT and one has to absolutely SUCK. That's not the case. They'll both be great QBs in the NFL. They'll forever be linked, because of the Heisman this past year leading into going 1-2 in the draft in April, but I don't think the GREAT-SUCK debate will be going on for TOO long, because the way I see it, first of all they're in two conferences, so one's success in the Reg. Season doesn't affect the others, and second of all, I truly think that this will be a modern-day football version of the Magic-Bird rivalry in the NBA. They'll both lead their teams to multiple deep playoff runs and Super Bowls, and I even think they'll meet in a couple of Super Bowls. It'll be a great rivalry.

I just hope that maybe you guys can understand where I'm coming from on all of this, and I hope the debate that I was talking about will stop soon, they're both great.

alot of that i gotta blame on Kyle Shannahan and the Redskins front office. sorry but if i was the owner i would want my prized QB protected at all times

That's just silly. Griffin is at most risk when he tries to do too much to keep plays and drives going. It's not really something the coaching staff can prevent. The best they can do is encourage him to protect himself, somethnig they have been doing and he has made strides towards. Still, he's a rookie so he's going to be naturally inclined to fight for the extra yard or two even when he shouldn't out of a lack of experience.

Honestly i dont know why skins fans are talking badly about Luck, maybe because it has to do with him having the colts at 9-4 while RG3 has the skins at 7-6

Every fanbase has its haters. Skins fans are mostly dispassionate when it to comes to Luck, although they will get negative in a hurry when they start reading the negative comments directed towards Griffin in an effort to artificially prop up Luck (who really doesn't need all that, anyway). That's what you've seen around here for the most part. The ESPN comments section is just a cesspool of human filth.

I can't speak for everyone but I know I couldn't care less about you guys having more wins on the season. It's awesome that you guys are in the playoffs but I'm no Colts fan and I kinda like the fact that our team has been more thoroughly tested in getting to an above .500 record with a rookie QB.

Question for Redskins fans - does any of the enthusiasm for coming here and debating Griffin/Luck reflect lingering rivalry from when the Colts were located less than 50 miles away? I'm sure it doesn't to Indy fans of course, but my wife lived in Baltimore for eight years and she said that the animosity was fierce. Just curious - something that occurred to me out of the blue after noting the other 29 Griffin/Luck threads.

I'm not voicing any opinion on the debate itself - haven't seen NEAR enough of either player.

Question for Redskins fans - does any of the enthusiasm for coming here and debating Griffin/Luck reflect lingering rivalry from when the Colts were located less than 50 miles away? I'm sure it doesn't to Indy fans of course, but my wife lived in Baltimore for eight years and she said that the animosity was fierce. Just curious - something that occurred to me out of the blue after noting the other 29 Griffin/Luck threads.

I'm not voicing any opinion on the debate itself - haven't seen NEAR enough of either player.

A huge chunk of the Skins fanbase doesn't have any recollection whatsoever of the Baltimore Colts. You'd have to be over 40 to really have any strong memories of them and, even then, the two teams have rarely been good at the same time and have even more rarely played each other. We're talking maybe 2 or 3 times a decade on average that they faced each other in the Super Bowl era. So no, it's probably not a motivation whatsoever for any of us here.

That said, things always seem to be different near Baltimore than they are even nearby in DC and the southern MD suburbs. With the Ravens, for example, there's really not much of a rivalry as far as most Redskins fans are concerned because there aren't a lot of Ravens fans in the immediate vicinity of DC or anywhere to the south. Ravens fans, however, seem to enjoy trashing the Redskins which drives a lot of Baltimore area fans nuts particularly with the recent success they've had.

This, x 100.

I can't say I've heard much out of the Redskins fan base on this but who cares if they're bashing Luck? They're happy with their guy, you're happy with your guy, can't it just be left at that?

And any Indy fan who bashes RGIII is similarly just letting something get to them for no reason other than football fan insecurity. (Which is something I've NEVER understood... at all.)

Both guys are playing extremely well and helping their teams win games. Both guys are exciting to watch. Both guys have very bright futures. Let's leave it at that for now and have the "who's better?" discussion in, I don't know, maybe five years or so!

lol i know right. manning vs brady haha. btw hoping you guys beat up on the texans, already up 21-0 hopefully it ends in a patriots win.

http://www.grantland...th-the-redskins

It's best not to judge a fanbase by those who talk on the internet about them. I know there have been posters here at times that I wouldn't want to people to form an opinion of Colts fans based on.

I knew Griffin was going to be good, but I also have a strong feeling he's going to see plenty of injuries as we have seen. Fortunately he didn't blow his knee out and hopefully will come back next week.

So far he's taking some monster hits, had a concussion, lucky he didn't blow his knee out. He has before.

Luck is hurried, knocked down and sacked pretty much more than most but I haven't cringed as near as much as I've seen with some of the hits RG takes.

If he does come back agains the Browns he's going to need to be a little bit smarter playing on a banged up knee. Many other players would've blew their knee out. Praise Tim Tebow for youth.

This, x 100.

There you go again bringing reason to a thread!

to the bolded part. . .I have said countless times on this forum that one of the only positives to Manning leaving was no more Brady vs. Manning threads. . . .alas that didn't live to long as now its Luck vs Griffin ad nauseum

You should never read ESPN comments. You can't single out Redskins fans alone, comments on ESPN are just loaded with trolls and fools no matter what team it is. Try all those bountygate articles, as well as every Patriot article is loaded with spygate clowns and anything about Brett Favre was loaded with nothing but hate comments. Save yourself some peace of mind and don't even bother reading the comments unless you just want to get mad at somebody.

agreed

I knew Griffin was going to be good, but I also have a strong feeling he's going to see plenty of injuries as we have seen. Fortunately he didn't blow his knee out and hopefully will come back next week.

So far he's taking some monster hits, had a concussion, lucky he didn't blow his knee out. He has before.

Luck is hurried, knocked down and sacked pretty much more than most but I haven't cringed as near as much as I've seen with some of the hits RG takes.

If he does come back agains the Browns he's going to need to be a little bit smarter playing on a banged up knee. Many other players would've blew their knee out. Praise Tim Tebow for youth.

Mal..

He cannot avoid injuries the way he plays.....It caught up to Michael Vick and it will catch up to RG3.....

If you take away the option out of his playbook..he's not as good..

But if you dont.....He cannot take the hits he's taking