Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Caldwell New OC in Baltimore (merge)

PrincetonTiger

reported on ESPN at around 10:41 cst

just caame home fro m Drs and NFL network listed it as breaking news and didnt see it posted anywhere else

from Ravens Web site this was a preseason article

The Ravens’ hurry-up, no-huddle offense is the rage

the hurry-up has been influenced by Quarterbacks Coach Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell, quarterback Peyton Manning and the Colts often used the hurry-up offense in Indianapolis.

“Jim’s brought some nuances,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s brought a tempo or two we didn’t have before, just some methodology, I think, to it that he’s really added.”

Harbaugh said quarterback Joe Flacco has really advanced in his ability to read a team’s defense. Now he can walk up to the line a lot of times with only a few play options, and can make the choice based on what he sees.

Harbaugh said the offensive change is “very much quarterback driven.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Notebook-Jim-Caldwell-Impacting-Hurry-Up-Offense/d2c9daee-2504-4c2d-b5a7-4338d9a8258c

just caame home fro m Drs and NFL network listed it as breaking news and didnt see it posted anywhere else

from Ravens Web site this was a preseason article

The Ravens’ hurry-up, no-huddle offense is the rage

the hurry-up has been influenced by Quarterbacks Coach Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell, quarterback Peyton Manning and the Colts often used the hurry-up offense in Indianapolis.

“Jim’s brought some nuances,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s brought a tempo or two we didn’t have before, just some methodology, I think, to it that he’s really added.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Notebook-Jim-Caldwell-Impacting-Hurry-Up-Offense/d2c9daee-2504-4c2d-b5a7-4338d9a8258c

everything is okay, posted it in New OC in Baltimore

They replace an awful coach with an awful coach. Maybe he'll give Rice the rock.

How many Division leading/playoff teams make a move like this?

Maybe he will tell Flacco just do whatever Peyton Does and u will be fine

-------------------------------------------

Its handoff or dump off to Rice if they are smart though

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

have that, ,love that, posted it on my colts , what a picture perfect picture of a picture perfect OC ( LOL )

MODERATORS PLEASE MERGE mine below ( see link ) into this posting & make sure this thread is the main one, it was posted first by

PrincetonTiger before i posted the one below

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/13460-breaking-news-ravens-fire-oc-cam-cameron-name-qb-coach-ex-colt-coach-jim-caldwell-as-replacement/#entry356297

Ozzie is probably using Caldwell as nothing more than a stop gap measure, IMO. At least being a QB coach gives him some insight into Flacco's strengths and weaknesses, or maybe not??? I can bet Caldwell lets Flacco wing it more in his first game as OC.

Does he remember our play book? Better question did he ever know our playbook?? :funny: Sorry my fingers bad again.

That shpould be a manning commercial for mastercard, PRICELESS

Yeah he will tell flacco to go out there and do your best Peyton imitation

Does he remember our play book? Better question did he ever know our playbook?? :funny: Sorry my fingers bad again.

I doubt he ever knew the playbook. I'm sure Caldwell is a nice guy and all, but he was truly a horrible coach and it still ticks me off that he was ever given the opportunity here to prove just how bad he was.

Since the change is made in December, in all likelihood, Caldwell just isolates a few plays to attack the weaknesses of the other teams instead of Cam Cameron going strength against strength. The playbook probably is the same. The question is, quick improvization to call the right plays in game situations. That part, I am not so sure of. :)

Since the change is made in December, in all likelihood, Caldwell just isolates a few plays to attack the weaknesses of the other teams instead of Cam Cameron going strength against strength. The playbook probably is the same. The question is, quick improvization to call the right plays in game situations. That part, I am not so sure of. :)

Attacking Denver weakness in next game = Rice up the middle and on dump offs or safety valves

He never understood in game situation play calling as a head coach, how that comes into play as OC we shall see if he learned anything, but it was his crazy time outs and other HC activities that we as Colt fans became aware off, he wont have all those duties as OC I think but I am getting ahead of my knowledge of the game and coaching duties maybe here