Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forums

1. Football

1. Colts Football

All things Colts football

1.5m

If it's NFL and it's NOT COLTS, it goes here

Colts Game Day Thread
      All posting during Colts game time that is about the game, must either be in the game day thread or in chat.

4. NFL Draft, Scouting, and Free Agent Talk

Draft, Scouting and FA Discussions

Discuss your fantasy sports teams and ask questions about signings/trades with fellow players.

All sports that are not NFL football go here.  So, college football, basketball, baseball, figure skating etc...

1. Enter to Win 2 Tickets to a Colts Home Game

NOW OPEN: Exclusively for our forum members. You must be logged in to enter. Joining is free!

• No posts here yet
  • 2024 Season Tickets

• I don’t think he’s fairly being judged here. There’s been reports every single year that we were the high bidder and yet lost out. I truly think most of that comes down to the fact we really don’t have much to offer in terms of things not counting as salary. No franchise QB proven yet, no bikini clad babes or beaches, income tax etc. 
    • I have macro, philosophical pushback, which is basically covered in this article: "The draft is an absolute petri dish for every cognitive bias underneath the sun." "Teams massively overestimate their abilities to delineate between stars and flops, and because of that they overvalue the 'right to choose' in the draft." "'I firmly do not believe you trade a high pick, which is going to be a difference-maker, in order to pick up two picks,' he (Polian) said. "But that's the issue, one former NFL executive pointed out. That logic assumes the player you're initially picking will actually become a difference-maker." "'The problem for everyone in sports is that nobody wants to admit how random and arbitrary it is,' the former NFL executive said. 'Admitting that it's arbitrary takes away from your specific abilities.'" So my pushback is that talking yourself into a specific player is inherently risky. Ask the Panthers. Doesn't mean you can't be right, but I think if you analyze the results of trade-ups for prospects, there's no consistent success. You can tell me all day long that MHJ and Nabers are the best prospects of the last five years -- and I don't necessarily disagree -- but the truth is that no one really knows what they'll become in the NFL. And the way we talk about our favorite prospects doesn't accurately reflect that reality. We're all guilty at times of talking about these guys like they're locks, but history tells us that anyone can bust, at any spot in the draft.   My more specific pushback is that I think the way this year's draft is expected to go at the top will result in the Colts still having a great menu of options available at #15, and they can still get a prospect they really like who has playmaker potential without trading up. Especially if you're eyeing a WR. So as much as I would love to have one of the top three receivers, I don't see the value in moving up this year. (And I'll admit a personal bias: I love Brian Thomas Jr, and think we'd be in great shape if we drafted him at #15.)
    • Chuck is still around, Adam V still has land in the area as far as I know, Andrew still has a place, Reggie has obviously stayed. Also seems like our old players love any chance to come back for events.    I mean it’s not the most stunning state in natural beauty, but there are some really nice locations if a person is willing to look for them. 
  • Recent Status Updates

• sb41champs

ANOTHER CLARK - FROM IOWA - COMES TO INDY VIA A 1st ROUND DRAFT PICK!!
      · 0 replies
    • JPPT1974

Soundtrack #15.....
      Ooh Ooh You Might Never Get Rich
      But let me tell you it's better than diggin a ditch
      There ain't no tellin who you might meet
      A movie star or even an Indian chief
      At the_______
      Working at the_____ girl
      Come on and sing it with me
    • JPPT1974

Soundtrack #14....
      Who's the private d*ck that's a sex machine to all the chicks
      ________
      You're da*n right
      Who's the man who would risk his neck for his brother man?
      Then we can dig it!
      · 0 replies
    • JPPT1974

Soundtrack #13......
      I've been waiting for so long now I've finally found someone to stand by me
      We saw the writing on the wall as we felt this magic fantasy
      Now with passion in our eyes there's no way we could disguise secretly
      So we take each other's hand cause we seem to understand the urgency
      Just remember you're the one thing I can't get enough of
      So I'll tell you one thing this could be love because....

Soundtrack #12.....
      Some things in life are bad
      They can really make you mad
      Other things just make you swear and curse
      When your chewing on life's gristle
      Don't grumble, give a whistle
      And this'll help things turn out for the best
      And_________________
      · 0 replies