My Pre-Combine and Draft Bowls Colts Mock/FA
We have many needs this year, but none is bigger than our O-Line. We need to keep Luck upright next season because I don't know if he can take as many hits as last season.
OG's Andy Levitre and Louis Vasquez: Levitre and Vasquez are, in my opinion, the two best Offensive Guards hitting Free Agency this offseason. They are both still young players (Vasquez is 25 and Levitre is 26) and could, along with Shipley, give us one of the best young interior lines in the NFL.
Our next biggest need is our secondary, particularly the SS position. We need a difference make, as Zbi is just not cutting it.
SS Dashon Gholdson: Gholdson is one of the hardest hitting SS's in the league. He would remind us of Bob. He is relatively young, 28, and would fit in great with our team.
With Dwight most likely on his way out this season. We need an edge rusher to replace him, but one that can actually stop the run.
OLB Anthony Spencer: Spencer is arguably the best run stopping OLB, in a 3-4 scheme, in the league. He is awesome in that right. He is a vastly underrated pass rusher though. I would love to see him in a Colts uniform this offseason.
Now on to the draft. I believe that we should trade down to the second and pick up a 2014 first from a lower tier team, while giving back a 2014 5th.
2. OT D.J. Fluker: Fluker is a massive player. He has been going up against the best competition you can get in college for years now. I believe that he will be the final piece of the puzzle for our O-Line.
3. CB Desmond Trufant: As evidenced by our last game, we need a corner opposite Davis. Trufant can be that guy. He has great instincts and has the bloodlines. He is good in run support, which is what we like in our corners.
4. DE William Gholston: Gholston is an amazing athlete at the DE position. He can play DE in the 3-4 or 4-3. He will slide some in the draft due to character and production concerns, but would be a steal at this point in the draft.
5. (Compensatory) WR Marcus Davis: Davis is a big receiver at 6-3 and is very fast. He needs to work on his hands and route running but when he gets those down, he will be a force to reckon with. Reggie's strengths are Davis's weaknesses, so playing with Reggie woll help Davis a ton.
6. RB Spencer Ware: Ware is a bruiser and, in my opinion, just what we need to pair up with Ballard and Brown. He has only fumbled once ever in his college career and could easily replace Carter as our short yardage back. He is an ultra competitor and just the player I want on this team.
6. (Compensatory) C Braxton Cave: He could come in and compete against Shipley and Satele for the starting job. Very smart player and that's what I want in a Center.
7. K Dustin Hopkins: Vinatieri is getting older and we will need a replacement, so why not get the best kicker in college football.
Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment below. It's the Future and you never know what's in it.