A look back on the Colts 23-20 win over the Dolphins last season
Here’s a look back on the Colts 23-20 win over the Dolphins last season at Lucas Oil Stadium and some of the highlights from the Nov. 4 meeting:
- The 23-20 win gave the Colts their first three-game winning streak since 2010.
- Andrew Luck was 30-of-48 for 433 yards and two touchdowns. The 433 yards set a new NFL record for passing yards by a rookie quarterback. He had 273 passing yards in the first half.
- T.Y. Hilton caught a 36-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter and he finished the game with 102 receiving yards.
- Fellow wide receiver Donnie Avery also topped the 100-yard mark (108 yards) and the Dolphins game marked the first time the Colts had a pair of receivers achieve that clip since Jan. 24, 2010.
- Vick Ballard rushed for 60 yards on 16 carries and added three receptions for 38 yards.
- Robert Mathis returned from a three-game hiatus to record a sack of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The sack brought Mathis consecutive games with a sack streak to eight contests.
- Fellow outside linebacker Dwight Freeney had a sack and forced a fumble of Tannehill.
- The Colts were 13-of-19 on third downs and that was the team’s highest percentage in over three years.