Colts Daily Headlines: August 28th Edition
The Colts are less than 36 hours away from their 2013 preseason finale. Today’s news looks at the debate of who the Colts No. 2 receiver and a look at the quarterback who will get ample playing time on Thursday night.
Take a look below at the top pieces from Wednesday, August 28th.
By: Stephen Holder, Indy Star
One of the most heated discussions among Colts fans centers around who should be the Colts No. 2 receiver.
To answer that, Holder went right to the two men involved in the question.
Said Hilton: “It hasn’t really held me back. That’s where they have me at, so wherever they put me, that’s where I’ll play. I’m happy and they’re happy, so I’ll play it all day.”
“I definitely look at it like a win-win situation,” Heyward-Bey said. “T.Y. made plays last year and he’s made plays this preseason. But I think we have it set up where he’s not losing anything. When we go three wide, he’s out there. When we’re in two-receiver sets, we’re (throwing) passes, but we’re doing our running game too.
“Being a wide receiver, part of what I do is blocking downfield, taking out safeties. So, I definitely play my part and T.Y. plays his part and I think it works well for everybody.”
By: Reggie Hayes, News-Sentinel
Chandler Harnish has been in this situation before.
Last year, Harnish shined in the Colts preseason finale and earned a roster spot.
This season he’s on the bubble once again and the game against the Bengals is just over 24 hours away.
“It’s never an easy situation, but at the end of the day you can’t worry about things you can’t control,” Harnish said.
“You go out and play hard and put yourself in position to win the game. You do everything you have to do as far as preparing to go and execute the game plan, and let the chips fall where they may.
“I understand it’s an unbelievable privilege to play this game,” he said. “Whatever happens, I know there’s a plan and I’m excited to attack it, whatever that adventure might be.”